Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
  1. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Well said, Jerry. I don't know what the arrangement between Charger and Kelly Power is, but if there is a market for the 203, then I figure it will show up at some point. The "skinny" Champs did provide a little softer ride than the Beam Forward Elites, but that is the trade off for a more stable fishing platform. Not that the 86-92" boats were any more "tippy" than the other popular brands of the day.

2. Member
    MMosher road in the Basscat hybrid and indicated that it road really well. I trust him over a someone that does not like Basscat's anyway and has never been in the hybrid. And the 210 and 198 were always stable with the beam forward technology. If they build ithe 203 hybrid will sell imo.
    Last edited by Sports1; 07-21-2017 at 12:10 PM.

3. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sports1 View Post
    MMosher road in the Basscat hybrid and indicated that it road really well. I trust him over a someone that does not like Basscat's anyway and has never been in the hybrid. And the 210 and 198 were always stable with the beam forward technology. If they build ithe 203 hybrid will sell imo.
    Did he have it rough water my jon boat rides good in calm water ,Its still a basscat not a champ.Guys talk about ride all the time which means nothing if its not really rough.Why would a person buy a hybrid (90 % cat)over a puma if the puma is the best?

4. Member
    MMosher can come on the board and tell you about the ride if he decides. You were running your mouth saying that the 210 was an exact copy of the 210 hull, now you are saying it's not. If not just have to wonder how that will effect the ride. If it is even true.

5. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Your the one talking out your ass when did I say the 210 was not a 210 ,Charger is a hybrid of a champion not the 210 .Sometime I wwonder.

6. Member
    I see you were talking about the earlier Chargers in general. My mistake.
    Last edited by Sports1; 07-21-2017 at 03:57 PM.

7. Member
    Whatever the case I can't wait to hear how the Charger 210 rides in the really rough stuff.

Guys let please stay on topic and not make this a wizzing match. It is possible to like more than one brand of boats. My first comment about a competitor boat was made that way to try and not make this a brand vs brand thing. If you'd like to read my reviews in the Hybrid there are three of em out there, have at it. BCB has never done anything but push the new hull as a Hybrid of the two boats creating a nice cross over rig for the Champ faithful looking to buy new and now that Chargers in the mix they'll be more than one option. How is this a bad thing? Buy what ya want it's your cabbage.

9. Member
    I think Mr Moser has always been straight forward with his reviews. I think Jerry has too on the Charger side. As many of you know, this whole Champion/Charger thing is difficult for us Charger owners to swallow! I like the diection Charger is going with expanding it's line up. I think they need to spend a little more effort on the Charger side of R&D, but if that's my opinion. Regardless, we have a family owned business making a high quality product and we dont have to look like evry other boat at the ramp. Us Charger guys have to learn to accept the changes and realize that its about building a superior boat.

Just my 2 cents. Can i borrow a dime someone!?

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wishitwasbigger View Post
    I think Mr Moser has always been straight forward with his reviews. I think Jerry has too on the Charger side. As many of you know, this whole Champion/Charger thing is difficult for us Charger owners to swallow! I like the diection Charger is going with expanding it's line up. I think they need to spend a little more effort on the Charger side of R&D, but if that's my opinion. Regardless, we have a family owned business making a high quality product and we dont have to look like evry other boat at the ramp. Us Charger guys have to learn to accept the changes and realize that its about building a superior boat.

Just my 2 cents. Can i borrow a dime someone!?

I'll let you borrow a dime, if you let me borrow $50k...

11. Banned
    Starts out as a review of the 210 elite and some how ends up as a conversation about another boat. Seems to me that a lot of threads on here end up this way. Every brand has their own threads if you want to talk about another boat makers boat then go to their thread. I completely understand why some of the Charger family gets bothered by it happening over and over. Personally I think the new elite line has a few manufacturer's nervous about losing a lot of sales in a tight market.

12. Member
    Agree the other mfgs. hate to see the champ back! I hope a few pros will be running them next year. I am awaiting the 198!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SCOTT196 View Post
    Agree the other mfgs. hate to see the champ back! I hope a few pros will be running them next year. I am awaiting the 198!
    It seems to be that way................. I'm awaiting the 198 also. I'm looking at the 198 and the new Panterra Classic.............

14. Banned
    With the attention the 198 is receiving I'm really curious how many Charger will really sell, might be a nightmare for guys who are wanting Chargers and not the Champ.

15. Charger Rep. Texas/La
    Some people talk a good game but can't back it up with personal experiences.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thurman View Post
    Or put there $$$$ where there mouth is

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thurman View Post
    What are you specifically referring to ?

18. Member
    Thurman, WTF are you talking about?!

19. Charger Rep. Texas/La
    No need to abbreviate the nasty words or even use them, just say what you mean! Just expressing an opinion that everyone who has on hand experience has the right to say. Not all people that express opinions have the first hand knowledge of what they are saying, they only know what they hear and presume.

20. Member
    Well alrighty then...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast