Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ddouin View Post
    I was told mid 40s up to 50 depending on how loaded it is.
    That's not bad.
    Last edited by Sports1; 07-13-2017 at 05:14 PM.

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ssbassman View Post
    ... I want a 210 bad but can not pay ranger prices! I know what the ranger resale is but we don't know what the 210's are going to be in the near future!
    There is an 08 Champion 210 on the For Sale pages listed at $39000.00. A quick Google search provided other boats in the same range. Looking at 08 Ranger Z520 & Z521, they are in there about the same price. That is just one source. I recently saw a Z521 at Cabela's in Ft Worth, TX listed for $89K and had a sale price of $81K. A comparable 210 Elite comes in $15-20K less and appears will have a resale right in there with the Rangers, so I would say the 210 is maintaining value as well as and maybe better than the equivalent Ranger. Just my 2¢.

3. Member
    Sports 1 have you been to bass pro lately and looked at nitro? A z20 costs 45 stripped down and can go to 55 plus easy around here. That's probably about right 40 to 50 on a near 20ft. Boat.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by procraftokie View Post
    Sports 1 have you been to bass pro lately and looked at nitro? A z20 costs 45 stripped down and can go to 55 plus easy around here. That's probably about right 40 to 50 on a near 20ft. Boat.
    Meant to type that's "not" bad. I just edited the post.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    There is an 08 Champion 210 on the For Sale pages listed at $39000.00. A quick Google search provided other boats in the same range. Looking at 08 Ranger Z520 & Z521, they are in there about the same price. That is just one source. I recently saw a Z521 at Cabela's in Ft Worth, TX listed for $89K and had a sale price of $81K. A comparable 210 Elite comes in $15-20K less and appears will have a resale right in there with the Rangers, so I would say the 210 is maintaining value as well as and maybe better than the equivalent Ranger. Just my 2¢.
    And both boats will sit there for sale! Funny how you cut out the rest of my post and disregarded it! Typical champion homer! Cup series is 12&9 HDS Carbon,dual poles, jack plate, hamby, 36 volt forttrex, cover and bunch of other crap for $68,000

6. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    I would think you could upgrade from the standard option list item for item and still beat the price of your $68K "Cup Edition". Buy hey, it's your choice, I was just trying to point out that the 210 is holding its resale value apples to apples.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssbassman View Post
    And both boats will sit there for sale! Funny how you cut out the rest of my post and disregarded it! Typical champion homer! Cup series is 12&9 HDS Carbon,dual poles, jack plate, hamby, 36 volt forttrex, cover and bunch of other crap for $68,000
    Yeah, the Ranger Cup did hit a good price point this year, actually dropped 2K from last year. However, you can't customize anything, and you're stuck with just a few color options. Poles are only 8' as well. Also, that's as low as you will get one. I'm sure if you went to a charger dealer with a 210 in stock, there would be some wiggle room.

8. Banned
    It's just going to keep getting worse. These companies must have the buyers out there with the crap they keep making, new Ranger on the lounge boards for $98k or something like that. For the life of me some days I sit and ponder how a hobby we love has become so unrealistic to afford for the average man. Yeah, a person can fish from an inner tube; but that's no fun when it's blowing 20+ mph. I'd like to buy a new boat and keep it for 20 years, but the prices are so asinine it's not happening.

And then there's the guys who defend the prices, but yet even they can't afford them.

9. Member
    Yep 40 to 50 isn't bad. Sure wish they were 25k. Lol

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    I would think you could upgrade from the standard option list item for item and still beat the price of your $68K "Cup Edition". Buy hey, it's your choice, I was just trying to point out that the 210 is holding its resale value apples to apples.
    Nope already tried even with hummingbirds witch are cheaper! The 210 I priced didn't have pole that cost in the $3,000 range also

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by procraftokie View Post
    Yep 40 to 50 isn't bad. Sure wish they were 25k. Lol
    Lol. Me too.

12. Banned
    Sad part is when new boats were 25k what ever you are doing was paying about half of what it does now and you still would have a hard time buying a new boat. Got to realize half or maybe a little over of a boats price tag is everything hanging on the boat.

Interesting question.....TOC can you find out the cost of a boat without anything on it? Just boat and trailer no guages, trolling motor, outboard, batteries, or anything.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    Sad part is when new boats were 25k what ever you are doing was paying about half of what it does now and you still would have a hard time buying a new boat. Got to realize half or maybe a little over of a boats price tag is everything hanging on the boat.

Interesting question.....TOC can you find out the cost of a boat without anything on it? Just boat and trailer no guages, trolling motor, outboard, batteries, or anything.
    $44,000-45,000 what I was told! Even if it was $40,000 it would cost you another $25,000 to 30,000 fully rig it at 20% off at a tackle wharehouse sale
    Last edited by ssbassman; 07-14-2017 at 09:31 AM.

14. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    25 for boat and 6-7 for trailer,you would be better off buying with motor no electronics for 50 put down 5000 finance 45 for 12 years that's 416 a month.If you don't use it for 5 months in the winter pay the gas and oil bill towards the payment for those months and you will pay the note down in half the time.I know guys that spend that amount on beer and cigs a month so you would have to decide on what's more important to you's.i know when boats were 35 new I was like dang that's a lot .

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    25 for boat and 6-7 for trailer,you would be better off buying with motor no electronics for 50 put down 5000 finance 45 for 12 years that's 416 a month.If you don't use it for 5 months in the winter pay the gas and oil bill towards the payment for those months and you will pay the note down in half the time.I know guys that spend that amount on beer and cigs a month so you would have to decide on what's more important to you's.i know when boats were 35 new I was like dang that's a lot .
    i would do this at this price! I sent you a pm

16. Banned
    Ok, riddle me this. Why does a 21' boat cost almost double of a 18' boat? Only $5k difference between a 150 & 250 hp motor.

17. Member
    This bugs me as well, but its the same for all manufacturers. You figure they have the price of "the build" for the 18', surely there's not another 20k in materials. Yes, you have a larger TM, little more glass, carpet, etc., and the boat itself has a few more features, but I just can't see the huge jump. I'm guessing it's just supply and demand, and they can charge it if they can sell them.

18. Banned
    These are "luxury items" so as such they don't follow normal pricing structures... You need a house, car, food, and clothing. You don't need a boat to survive so as a "luxury item" they're gonna soak you... Same as a Porsche, Corvette, Jaguar or any other "luxury item"... Dan

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan210Elite View Post
    These are "luxury items" so as such they don't follow normal pricing structures... You need a house, car, food, and clothing. You don't need a boat to survive so as a "luxury item" they're gonna soak you... Same as a Porsche, Corvette, Jaguar or any other "luxury item"... Dan
    Hit the nail on the head. It my not be you or I that is paying so much for these toys, but someone is so they will sale them for as much as the market will bare. Great thing living in a free market society.

20. Member
    So $31 to 32k for boat and trailer! That gives you some optons to work with! Any guess what the 198 boat and trailer cost would be?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast