Question 2015 Merury 115 4 stroke EFI over charging

Motor runs fine at idle14.5 volts When I give it throttle the volts go up to 17 and motor goes into safe mode. anyone know what it might be? 2B151074
    Last edited by double D; 07-14-2017 at 08:33 AM.

2. Member
    How is the condition of your battery and the connections?

Rick

3. Member
    connections are good.battery fully charged,water level in battery good.

Not a mechanic but I would assume there is a voltage regulator that needs to be replaced. Actually cool that it is shutting down to prevent battery damage.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    PCM is limiting due to over-voltage condition.

Please see the Forum Announcements, and be sure to provide the REQUIRED info when posting. Thanks!

Once that is available, it's easy to determine the correct part (and/or part number).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    ok thanks serial # 2B151074

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    This engine is under warranty. Your local (Authorized) Mercury Dealer would be best suited to replace the voltage regulator (and if the old one is DEFECTIVE, it would be replaced at no cost).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

8. Member
    Ok thanks going to the dealer.

9. Member
    After being in the shop for a month I finally got the boat back. It was the voltage regulator just like EuropeonAM said it was thanks for your help.

10. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Glad they got it taken care of for you.