Banned

What to use to clean the brown stain off from a leaking transom.

My buds transom has been leaking the brown stain out for awhile before I saw him and told him what the problem was. We're resealing the holes and would like to clean off the brown stain too, anybody know what might remove it from the gel coat?

Any form of mild acidic cleaner - like Star-brite Hull Cleaner, toilet bowl cleaner, etc.

Did you address the root cause? Sounds like water inside the transom - which could mean rot if it has wood, or soaked foam if composite.

Hard water stain and other stuff wont work? try some CLR on it.. I did that try to clean toilet water line ring.. bought and tried every thing, Bleach & regular cleaners to commercial grade cleaners, even zep blue commercial TB Cleaner.. the tried some CLR its gone and like new! have limestone in water here

Sandpaper and buffing compound...I just did this to a customers boat. Look at the NC forum under boat detaining. It's a grey transom pic. Also your guys transom issue is prolly bad....water intrusion.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

5. Banned
    Thanks guys, we'll try the toilet bowl cleaner. The transom is still 99% solid, we do have about a baseball sized spot that is soft around a tie down and we are cooking it with 4 heat lights right now. Gonna cook it for a month and then pump some epoxy into it to fill the void back up.

I didn't even think about wetsanding, I'll try that first and then the toilet bowl cleaner.