Santee Cooper October or November?

Thinking of planning a trip since i have never been and was wondering which month is best for the fall bite up there? I have been kicking around Chickamaunga too but Santee is only about 4hrs from me. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

2. Member
    I like both late October and all of November

3. Member
    Any particular areas that are better than others? North vs south? Recommend any places to stay or maybe a good guide for half a day?

Quote Originally Posted by Ladr6 View Post
    Thinking of planning a trip since i have never been and was wondering which month is best for the fall bite up there? I have been kicking around Chickamaunga too but Santee is only about 4hrs from me. Any info would be greatly appreciated!
    My favorite time of the year.Take a look at my site www.inkydavis.com .

5. Member
    If you are looking for a guide get Inky. He knows the swamp. And that is were the fish will be schooling this time of year.

6. Member
    Inky is the man to call for a guided trip and in my opinion lake Marion this time of year. Taw Caw towards the dam end or the state park across 95 on the other end of lake Marion. Other than the spawn, November is my favorite time of year fo santee cooper. I guess you would consider it my home town lake.

7. Member
    I will keep ya in mind!