Thread: Tzer Products

Tzer Products

https://t-zerproducts.com/

Has anybody bought any of these lights for their Talons? Been thinking about buying the Russell Marine Products light that replaces the top cap but I stumbled across these today and wondered if anyone has had any experience with them. The components are good quality but I haven't been able to find much about the products or company.

2. Member
    No experience with them bit if your afraid of your buddy smoking down the Russel marine light with a big tungsten then this would be the answer. Looks pretty sturdy. They look like they've changed a bit since they first came out. I don't think they had the flip up light at first. Also, for night guys, if you put the forward facing lights on a dimmer and put the red lenses in they might work good

3. Member
    I didn't even think about the idea of how easy it might be to smash the Russell Marine light. I did like the idea of having the flood lights for early morning rigging or night tournaments. I think the lights also swivel on one model so it would be handy to turn to whichever side you're fishing.

I'm ordering a set with the premium LED lights. Will be great to kick them babies on when loading after dark!
    Scott

2022 Phoenix 21 PHX
    Solix & Helix w/ Mega Live
    MinnKota Ultrexx 36v 112
    Power Poles

5. Member
    I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I want a set with the floods but I'm not sure I can justify the cost right now.

I had a tzer T series light for a couple of months and forgot to retract it one night and munched it on the garage door when I got home.

They are really nice, easy to install, really well built (all aluminum) and I like that they have all of the USCG certifications on the actual light. The thing I like the most is that it sat within half an inch of where the pole light is/was when it was extended on my 10 foot Talons. The only drawback I had was pretty minor but it was the fact that I had to go pop the light up, which is still easier than digging out the light pole, when I needed to use it. I ordered another one to replace the one I munched.

FWIW I also have a RMP light and I like it as well but it does sit lower. For me the only benefit the TZER has is in terms of function is the fact that it sits higher on my 10 foot talons, if I had 12s I'd run the RMP light.

7. Member
    I bought this one off of another forum. I like it very bright and low profile. Just used one screw to mount it. I liked the price most of all. No one sees it when I have the light off even though it is black and my talon has white cap.

http://www.trickedoutmarine.com/prod...nn-kota-talon/

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Syncros View Post
    I had a tzer T series light for a couple of months and forgot to retract it one night and munched it on the garage door when I got home.

They are really nice, easy to install, really well built (all aluminum) and I like that they have all of the USCG certifications on the actual light. The thing I like the most is that it sat within half an inch of where the pole light is/was when it was extended on my 10 foot Talons. The only drawback I had was pretty minor but it was the fact that I had to go pop the light up, which is still easier than digging out the light pole, when I needed to use it. I ordered another one to replace the one I munched.

FWIW I also have a RMP light and I like it as well but it does sit lower. For me the only benefit the TZER has is in terms of function is the fact that it sits higher on my 10 foot talons, if I had 12s I'd run the RMP light.
    I have been on the fence about which one to get. On one hand, the RMP light is simple and effective. On the other hand, I have a '98 model Skeeter so my courtesy lights are not the best and it would be nice to be able to hit a switch on the console and have the flood light come on for early morning rigging with electronics, tackle, co-angler items, etc. I could run deck lights with the RMP lights but I don't want deck lights on my boat. My old Winner Tournament had them when I bought them and I didn't care for them.

By the way, that is a NICE Ranger man. Love the colors!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Milo30 View Post
    I bought this one off of another forum. I like it very bright and low profile. Just used one screw to mount it. I liked the price most of all. No one sees it when I have the light off even though it is black and my talon has white cap.

http://www.trickedoutmarine.com/prod...nn-kota-talon/
    A guy in my college club has one of those on his Talon. It is nice and very bright. If I decide to go the RMP route, I may get that one instead.