Praying New to me ragin cajun

I just bought an 84 Ragin Cajun to restore. It has a Johnson GT 150 on the back and I can't find the oil tank for the VRO. The VRO has been bypassed and I want to reconnect and use it. I would be grateful if anyone could help with the row of accessory switches, all of the labels are gone. I believe it has a battery charger built in to use on the shore power plug. I really want to get this machine going again.
    Thanks for the help.

Check in with the Evinrude/ Johnson area of the forum. There are some real wizards there.

3. Member
    Vro was bypassed, so no need for oil tank. po probably just chucked it. VRO needs to have a tan colored nipple or you will need to upgrade to handle the ethenol. You might want to just keep mixing.
    William "Bill" Kyte
    Waldorf, MD
    2018 Shenadoah Kerr lake BFL Co-angler Champion

2020 Ranger 520L Evinrude G2 250HO

4. Member

Those are right and left of my steering wheel.
    William "Bill" Kyte
    Waldorf, MD

5. Member
    This is a pic of the switches I am trying to figure out. I have no power to them at this time to see what they operate. Sorry it has been a while since starting this thread but I have been busy. I think I'm just going to have to do a complete re wire. The boat had an old Lowrance unit installed also but that is going away as not all of it was intact.

Attached Images Attached Images

6. Member
    That's a tough one. Pic of backside would be helpful. You should have main (4g) motor wires AND one positive and 1 negative wire hooked up in the rear. Are there any other switches? Sometimes they run a main switch over with trottle, near the key.
    William "Bill" Kyte
    Waldorf, MD

7. Member
    Ragincajun84, I have those same switches on mine. There is a master switch to the left of the steering wheel that takes a key to operate it. Mine don't work either

8. Member
    Have a Paul Elias.

From left to right on that panel ( BILGE/ COURTESYLIGHTS/NAV LIGHTS/FUEL/LIVEWELLS) all are on/off except Nav lights which is a rocker for either anchor light only or both
    Bilge and Livewells have that red light below them so you can see they are on.
    Mine is operated by a master key on the left, has to be turned on ( red indicator on the bottom right when it is on) and the key switch has always been funny, even tried to tighten with no luck.