Lucky Craft Rods

Anybody know anything about the older Lucky Craft rods?

I have a 7' 0" Lucky Craft Bank Beater (medium power mod-fast composite) that I purchased from someone on the Rods4Sale section last year that I just love for a variety of reasons - casts like a dream, weight is manageable for having glass, it's an incredible jerkbait rod, and it fishes spinnerbaits, swimjigs, and chatterbaits like an absolute champ (I fish all these on braid, usually with a fluoro leader, so medium power and mod-fast action is just what the doctor ordered). I'd love to have 1 or 2 more.

I'm fairly confident they're no longer produced and I haven't been able to find another anywhere. Based on what I was able to buy it for, it seems like they were very reasonably priced as well. Looking through the lineup listed on their website, it looks like the TLC Cranking Series Fat Mini Magic (LCM-701MF) may be the same rod, but I'm not entirely sure. Even so, I can't find any place to buy Lucky Craft rods.

Any chance I find the same blank under a different brand name?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer!
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

2. Member
    They are a rarity for sure. I have the Carolina Rig special. It was my main frog rod last year and worked great, albeit a bit heavy and fast for that application. They are really well made, look terrific, and fish well in my experience. I've seen a couple for sale here and there over the years but not much. If I'd find them at close to what I paid for mine I'd buy up a bunch too.

3. Scraps
    From what I remember they're nice.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

Hate to bump this back up after it seemed to have run its course, but I'm really hoping to find someone who can point me in the direction of a rod that may perform similarly to my Lucky Craft or even a place to purchase Lucky Craft rods.

Any suggestions? Or maybe even suggestions for a rod with a nice mod-fast action (don't want crankbait "noodle," but don't want all-backbone fast action either)? I really need something at a reasonable price point with some extra give at the tip to allow fish to load up on moving baits, but that's also fast enough to be able to cast accurately, put a good erratic action into a jerkbait, and to rip baits out of the weeds. I'm assuming another composite is going to be the way to go on this, but maybe not! I also may just be asking for too much - I know this Lucky Craft is exactly what I like in a rod for those applications.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"

5. Member
    I just looked at a couple on the rods for sale forum I think they were just listed

6. Member
    Try calling a shop named Performance Tackle in Los Alamitos, California. They had a bunch at one point. The owner Marc is an awesome guy too.

Drew,

Not sure if these are what you are looking for, but they are in the Classifieds here:
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=840791

My goodness. That couldn't have worked out any better. Sent the fellow a PM. Thank you guys!
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"

Quote Originally Posted by Fearnofish86 View Post
    Try calling a shop named Performance Tackle in Los Alamitos, California. They had a bunch at one point. The owner Marc is an awesome guy too.
    This will be my backup plan. Thank you!
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"

10. Member
    my opinion on them is........................meh
    Question everything!