Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon1 View Post
    Agreed with Phenix...I only have a couple of factory rods, one being the Phenix UMBX Classic 707MHF, and it is a tremendous blank. This said, the nightmare stories I hear from my custom builder on their blank warranty claim process and blank availability is a deal killer for me on any of their higher modulus blanks or factory rods.
    I had a good process with a K2 blank. Paid I think 15 bucks and on my way. Just sucked I had to build another rod during fishing season.

Daiwa was good as previously stated. I cut the rod to just have the label piece. Quick turn around.

I am currently working with North Fork Composites. I am not going to post anything until the issue is resolved, in order to give them a fair assessment. I will post when the issue is resolved.

2. Member
    Buy ALX and don’t look back. Superb rods and phenomenal customer service. Bought a used rod from a member and when I got it I quickly realized that I had been Phamboozled since it was shorter than it was supposed to be and had a different tip on it, ha! Anyways, Alex (owner of ALX rods) offered to try and repair and if he couldn’t repair it replace it for me. He had no obligation to do that but that is the kind of man he his. I didn’t accept his offer because Al and PayPal took care of it but that left a huge impression. I have purchased too many of his rods to mention and love them all. Once I snapped 3 or 4 of them with my truck bed cover Bill Dance style and they really helped me get the rods replaced quickly and as cheap as possible under their oops warranty replacement program. Yeah I’m an ALX fan for life, so that’s my experience good luck!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dbuchmann View Post
    I've dealt with Abu with broken tips or an eyelet falling out. Called, and talked to them, had me take a picture of it with a picture of the rod model and they sent me a new rod. One time I had to pay like $20 since I didn't have the receipt for one rod I broke but a good experience every time.
    Same here.

4. Banned
    https://www.fxcustomrods.com/

Great rods, great warranty and fast shipping. Very sensitive light well engineered rods, put loomis on these and they would sell for 350 ish.

5. Member
    I have broken two Abu rods. Sent picks of the damage and I think a check for $9.99 with my proof of purchase. They were awesome to deal with.

6. Member
    Only ever had one rod break on me. Was a bonehead move on my part. It was a Dobyns Extreme 703c. I just followed the instructions on the website and attached a check for $60 plus part of the broken rod. I think it was $60 at the time not sure what it is now, and had a new rod in 2 weeks. Was pleased how it went.

7. Member
    Great service from ABU Garcia. great service from Duckett Terex. Don't know about 13 Fishing IMO rod wasn't worth replacement warranty cost. However best service by far is at Academy Sports. Doesn't matter the brand or if you have a receipt or not, just take broken rod and they will replace it no questions asked.

8. Member
    Only ever dealt with Shimano and Powell warranty. Both were a great experience. Powell didn't make me ship anything back but they charged me the fee. Shimano only made me pay shipping to them and they let me cut the rod into several pieces so that saved me big time on shipping cost. Both upgraded me to newer, more expensive models.
    Troll lightly and carry a big flippin stick!!!

9. Member
    Fenwick was a PITA. I had 6 rods with faulty guides that grooved after one season. They required me to ship them back. The rods they didn't think were defective, I didn't get back. I bought them all from a local store and should have been able to have them inspect it but Fenwick said no. Gave away all but 2 of the Fenwicks I had and changed to Phenix Rods. They are 20 minutes from me so any issues I have are easy to take care of. Plus they have a great trade in program. I had a bunch of old Phenix boron rods for the 80's that they accepted for trade in and received 50% off the new rods.

- 2019 Ranger Z185 - Mercury 150 Pro XS

10. Member
    I just delt with megabass on a warranty claim. I broke a xx flipping special on a hook set and they were very good to deal with. As long as your the original onwer and have a receipt

11. Member
    Another Castaway story almost like the previous one. I had two rod tips broken on rods almost 1 year old. One was a Go2 series and the other a Skeleton. Both are advertised as lifetime warranty. I was going within an hour of their factory/store in Conroe so I took them there to exchange. The girl up front took them to the back and brought them back. She said the owner would not warranty them because they were “bargain basement” rods. She said he refused to come talk to me. Figured it’d be cheaper to buy another rod than pay bail money so I just left. I couldn’t tell any difference from the ones one display there.
    I really liked their upper end models but will never buy another one. I’m not hard on rods either. The only good one I can remember breaking was when I stepped on one climbing a fence to fish a pond. Not counting several cheapo’s over the years.

'91 Skeeter 200SX Yamaha 200.
    It's hard to stumble when you're on your knees.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmac78 View Post
    Buy ALX and don’t look back. Superb rods and phenomenal customer service. Bought a used rod from a member and when I got it I quickly realized that I had been Phamboozled since it was shorter than it was supposed to be and had a different tip on it, ha! Anyways, Alex (owner of ALX rods) offered to try and repair and if he couldn’t repair it replace it for me. He had no obligation to do that but that is the kind of man he his. I didn’t accept his offer because Al and PayPal took care of it but that left a huge impression. I have purchased too many of his rods to mention and love them all. Once I snapped 3 or 4 of them with my truck bed cover Bill Dance style and they really helped me get the rods replaced quickly and as cheap as possible under their oops warranty replacement program. Yeah I’m an ALX fan for life, so that’s my experience good luck!
    I had a similar experience with ALEX at ALX . I picked up a used rod and used it a little and the blank would turn in the handle . I contacted ALX wanting to see if it could be repaired and the cost as I didn't buy it new . Told Alex that ,, he didn't care , explained that is was a had a problem on a rod they built and he warrantied it . I told him again I picked it up used . Need less to say I had a new rod in a couple of days. Not sure you can get any better service than that . I now own about 20 ALX rods .. they are great rods and he really stands behind them .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12