Thread: Calibrate Trim

triton

Calibrate Trim

Anyone have to use the procedure to calibrate your trim on an fx series skeeter ??? I believe its suppose to
    be part of the rigging done by the dealer but some how mine either wasnt done or it got restored to the
    system defaults..I need the procedure to recalibrate the gauge, the one with the messurements of the trim
    rams....thanks for any help ahead of time...

CARL MAYER
    SKEETER FX20 2016
    BARRYVILLE NY 12719

2023 FORD RAPTOR

I'm not sure if yours is the same but the adjustment is made at the tilt tube. Its s bracket that you adjust until you get the correct reading at the dash gauge. Pretty simple to do.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

ifishinxs is correct. This is a picture of my SHO and the yellow arrow is pointing to the adjustment point. Loosen up the screw and it will allow you to rotate the clamp. This is the lever that moves the arm that controls the trim gauge. I adjusted mine to the point where you first hit the second stage of trim my gauge show full up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

---------------------------------------
    2011 Skeeter ZX200 w/SHO 200.

4. triton
    Thanks for information, apparently the new boats are setup using digital instructions from the setup menu....I have a set of instructions which shows
    how to calibrate the trim but I need to know how to get in the SETUP function, the info I have is wrong....so if you know how to access SETUP I
    would appreciate that information.......thanks cmayer

CARL MAYER
    SKEETER FX20 2016
    BARRYVILLE NY 12719

2023 FORD RAPTOR

5. Member
    Pm sent

6. Member
    It would be great if someone that knows the steps to do this would post a short video on YouTube. I've driven seat of the pants for years, but if I knew how to do this I'd adjust mine just for the convenience of being able to look at the gauge. I only use it while idling and wondering how high the motor is.

7. triton
    When I get this figured out I will post the procedure for digital units...I think they started in 2013.....cmayer

CARL MAYER
    SKEETER FX20 2016
    BARRYVILLE NY 12719

2023 FORD RAPTOR

8. triton
    I still can not correct the lag time when using the trim for either up or down....spoke to Yamaha rep and he said a delay for the digital guage
    is normal and can be as much as five seconds....still sounds wrong....does anyone else with a 2016 fx20 or fx21 have a delay in stopping
    the trim guage when trimming up ?????????????

CARL MAYER
    SKEETER FX20 2016
    BARRYVILLE NY 12719

2023 FORD RAPTOR