1985 Hydra-Sport VL 475 DC

Hello,
    New to this forum and have found it to be very helpful already. Now here is my story.
    My neighbor has had a bass type boat parked next to his garage before I moved in across the street 3 years ago.
    He has an Alumacaft parked in his garage that he uses. Several days ago I was talking to him and asked him if he was waiting for someone to come haul the bass boat away. He smiled and said maybe. I told him I like to buy old things and fix them up. He replied that was nothing wrong with the boat when he parked it in 2009 and offered to show it to me.

We walked around the garage and could see the boat was very well covered. All I could see was the Mercury 150 Black Max hanging off the back.
    I told him that it would be spring before I could make him an offer and his reply was when spring came I could just come get it. A little shocked I said what if I came and got it tomorrow. He said sure you can have it. I still did not know what kind of boat it was.
    I pulled it across the street to my driveway and pulled the cover off, which does not have a tear in it anywhere, and was very pleased.
    There was a 1985 Hydra-Sport VL 475 DC in very good condition. The only damage to the upholstery was a hole the size of a dime on one of the casting seats. Carpets are faded some but no rips or holes. Finish is good and there is no rot in the transom.
    Have Not tried to start it yet as there is about 3 gallons of old gas I need to pull out first. I pulled the plugs and it turns over easy.
    I have found a manual for the Black Max But cannot find one for the boat. Is there a place I purchase on?
    Hope I have not bored you and thanks for any help.

2. Member
    I hope these pics will post

3. Member
    these boats did not come with owners manuals

4. Member
    Nice looking boat for a great price.

Those 475's were good boats.

5. Member
    Thanks for the information guys. My last boat was an 18 foot Eliminator with a 454 and a Berkley pump. This a lot different.
    Not familiar with how the live wells work. I guess I will fill them with water and figure it out.
    I'm sure I will have more questions
    Thanks again