A Few Things About My X19

Man I really like the X19. The more I fish it the better it gets. I really figured I would think it was a little on the big side for the small lakes in my area. Mainly lakes between 200-5000 acres, but it's the perfect size. Measures 18'10" from tip to tip and at the widest point barely hits 93" outside rub rail to rub rail. Tracks really well and gets around standing timber, docks , and narrow creaks really easy. Makes for a stable fishing platform with one or two people with plenty of casting room. Mine being a 2006 model has big rod lockers on either side and two center storage compartments. I have 10 rods from 6' - 7'6" in one side. Looks to be plenty of room for an 8' rod and with rod socks and reel covers a guy could put another 10-15 rods in there. Both center compartments are pretty much full and the other locker has things like light poles, bump board, soft plastics, and net in it. Rear compartments have rope, towels , boat buckles and such. Under the seat is safety gear and life jackets. 3 group 31 agms, 3 bank onboard charger, and oil tank in the back. Merc 135 optimax hanging on a 8" zlock jp. The boat is very weight sensitive when it comes to performance. With just me and my tackle and less then half the 34 gallon tank I like the 25p trophy prop. Gives good lift, holds on plane at low speed , drives easy, and nice hole shot. Add a second person and 3/4 tank of fuel and the 25p is a little much. Most likely sometime in the future I'll pick up a second prop, maybe a worked 23p Tempest with some good cup added or a worked trophy in the 23.5-24p area. My current setup runs me right at 50 mph gps speed, lighten the load and one person and gain a couple mph. Speed was never a main concern for me when I set this rig up because of the small lakes, but I have to be honest when ever I get the chance it's wot and I'm looking for more. LOL... I can see a 175 pro xs in about 3 years finding it's way here. Over all it's a great boat and has been a fun project. I'm looking forward to a lot of good memories in this rig.

2. Member
    Glad you are enjoying it :)

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

3. Member
    Ditto Brian! Ditto everything you said as that is what I've found with mine ....... minus the 135hp part ....... but I kinda know what you're talking about since mine ORIGINALLY came with a 32hr Yamaha F115.

My '08 has the same layout as yours ..... which I prefer the most as far as front deck layout ...... though I do like the rear deck storage better on the newer boats. I do think our boats could be easily modified to their storage compartments though by taking out the liner, digging out the foam, and carpeting the inside.

If you get the money to spend on the 175 ..... go ahead and get the 200. Especially a big block 200.

Props ........ my 25 Tempest has the best top end on my boat, but only by 1-2mph over my 25 Trophy. But my Tempest doesn't start lifting the boat until I pass 4000rpm's, thus it runs really flat at the slow speeds and all through the 3000-3900rpm range. Thus why I typically run my Trophy. I tend to run a lot from low speed to 4000rpm, so I prefer the lift I get out of my Trophy. With that said, I can run my Tempest and TXP the highest on my hydraulic jackplate at WOT and not lose bite (bow lift). My Trophy, I have to be careful at WOT b/c I'll lose bite (lose bow lift), prop slip goes through the roof, and she never recovers bite. Thus, as you might imagine, my boat tends to chine walk the most with the Trophy vs the Tempest or TXP.

With all that said ......... I want a big block 200 some-kind-of-bad on my X19. My 200 is the 2.6L version (small block).

Glad you're enjoying your X19 ........ I know I am in mine.
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci