Solas HR Titan 4 blade versus Trophy Plus

Has anyone run a Solas HR Titan 4 blade? I was wondering how the prop compares to a Trophy Plus for pitch. According to the Solas web site prop selector, the OEM props they compare to the Solas props seem to suggest the Solas props run one pitch bigger than the compared OEM prop. The Solas props are priced a lot cheaper brand new and look like they could be a good option. Thanks for any feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by xpress2002 View Post
    Has anyone run a Solas HR Titan 4 blade? I was wondering how the prop compares to a Trophy Plus for pitch. According to the Solas web site prop selector, the OEM props they compare to the Solas props seem to suggest the Solas props run one pitch bigger than the compared OEM prop. The Solas props are priced a lot cheaper brand new and look like they could be a good option. Thanks for any feedback!
    I am testing my four blade Titan 23" next week to see. I am trying to get more from my 150 H.O. G2. Currently running the 25" evinrude stock 3 blade prop on my Sabre. Will let you know

3. Member
    I ran a Solas on my last boat with a 150 Opti. It was about 2 pitches stiffer than a trophy, but it ran really good on that boat. Hole shot was instant and top speed was about the same as with a Tempest, if I recall correctly. Only thing is that the Solas props seem to be a softer metal, bent an ear on a small bump and had to have straightened.
    2011 Legend Alpha 211 DC
    250 Pro XS
    Solix 10 G2 MSI & Onix 10 NT
    Elite 9 Ti2 connected to
    Motorguide Xi5 105

4. Member
    YES they run 2'' stiffer and yes the metal is softer. to compensate the blades are thick, making the prop heavy. i run a solasscorpion and love it. super lift all around and great top end. im not concerned with the softer metal and feel there quality props. im running 78 with a 15x24 3 blade.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xpress2002 View Post
    old thread but ran a 23 trophy plus and 23 solas hr4 on the weekend, thought I’d share my finding. Nothing scientific but here goes. Trophy better holeshot had the medium pvs plugs in, but wanted to push the bow up during take off. The titan was a lot softer out of the hole but boat came out a lot flatter with minimal bow lift and could plane at slower speeds. The trophy wanted to cavitate and struggled to stay hooked up at slow planing speeds, probably needed the pvs plugs closed due to its over/thru exhaust design.

The titan definitely runs stiff on pitch, was showing 0.2% prop slip, so would be atleast 1.5-2” bigger than stamped. Both provide great bow lift and handling at speed.

I’ve had to drill vent holes in the titan to try improve the holeshot for skiing, will report back with results. Keep that in mind if purchasing that you may have to waste time/money drilling the vent holes to tune the holeshot unlike swapping the pvs plugs out on a merc prop.