Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    I use re-circulate exclusively (Over flow port plugged) and have never lost ANY water while running. 90% of the time this issue is caused by water going out the OVERFLOW PORT.

if re-circulate mode doesn't empty the livewell while sitting, that should tell you that water can't escape while running. There is no connection to the outside of the boat from the recirculation pump.

If you don't block the overflow port you will lose water while running EVERY TIME, but you cant use the LIVEWELL mode with the overflow port plugged or you will flood the boat.
    Savage, (or anyone else with a Triton), what do you plug your overflows with? I bought the standard plug (this one: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Five-Ocea...2882/431401009) and it’s too small. I can’t make it fit tightly and water still flows out. I want to use recirculate exclusively but so much water drains out on long runs. Please help.

I taped up 1 of mine and now it’s way better but can’t flood with the other still open. You could do this and then also get a couple is small pieces of pvc pipe that get progressively smaller and sleeve down the other hole until your happy it won’t flood but has minimum loss on plane and particularly on takeoff
    2018 TRX 18. 2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8

3. Member
    my new TRX 18 lost water every time I ran down river. the top cap wasn't sealed on top of the livewell.. does he have water in the bilge area ??

4. Member
    I use a cut up portion of a cheap swimming pool "noodle" to plug the overflow holes.

5. Member
    I use a kayak scupper plug.

6. Member
    I got some oversize black tapered rubber plugs from the hardware section of Lowes and ground them down a little so they would fit inside overflow (same concept as the cooler in my boat). Works great.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TNTriton View Post
    I got some oversize black tapered rubber plugs from the hardware section of Lowes and ground them down a little so they would fit inside overflow (same concept as the cooler in my boat). Works great.
    How did you ground them down?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by got eem View Post
    How did you ground them down?
    I just spun them in my hand and ground them down on rock grinding wheel a little at a time...checking for fitment until they fit in tight. I only ground the first 1" or so.

9. Member
    I use these and they work perfectly. I don’t remember the exact size I used. They are tapered so they go in easily. I’m getting a little old to be fishing in really rough water, so I’m not sure how well they would stay in while running in really rough stuff. I’ve run in “fairly” rough water and the have held just fine. I also fill up one side of my livewell with tap water in the summer before I go on a trip. I use that side for soaking those special cooling towels and my shirts when it gets too hot. My livewell is still full when I get to the lake which is a 2 1/2hr drive.
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt...9128/203661031
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12