Trigger upgrade for SD9VE?

I just bought a Smith and Wesson SD9VE and, as all the reviews said, the trigger is pretty bad. I ran 100 rounds through it today and still have no clue where the trigger will break.

Has anyone done the Apex trigger upgrade and did it help much?
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

I had the same pistol, couldn't shoot it due to the horrible trigger. Sold it for more than I paid and bought a Springfield xd9.

3. Member
    A friend had one. You can google search for a home trigger job. Involved clipping a spring or changing assembly order of a few components if I remember correctly. It helped a lot. I don it know if I would do it if it was your fighting gun.

Did a trigger job on mine but don't remember what it was. Brought it from a 10-12 to around 8 pounds. I think a spring is left out too but I just can't remember.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

5. Member
    I did my buddy's with the $20 Apex spring kit. Easy to do. Definitely made a big improvement. Reduced the trigger pull to a manageable level and is smoother, although it is is still a bit long. Has proven to be 100% reliable too.

6. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    My friend had one and hated it. Trigger was hard and gritty. He had an APEX kit put in and now he loves it.
    I usually put APEX kits in all my pistols. Pull is smooth and breaks same. If youare going to keep the pistol,
    definitely have a trigger kit upgrade.
    Tim Messer ~ Lake Ariel, Pa.
    US Army 1968 ~ 1971

2019 Ranger RT188 ~ Merc PRO XS ~ MK Ultrex

7. Member
    Did the full Apex treatment to my Sigma and it's like a different gun. I call it my poor mans Glock now. Getting ready to do it to my Shield too. They make awesome products.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

Best upgrade would be a 1911 or a Glock.
    1999 Ranger R91 / Mercury 200 EFI.