Backup lights installed in bumper?? Anyone?

I was looking at installing a set of backup lights in my bumper, any words of wisdom?

cutting any holes in regular metal Bumpers, will start rusting. as lose the paint or Chrome plating. would have to prime and paint the Bare Metal of holes made.. The ones that just bolt underneath , I did and just sealed the cut hole edges with primer n paint.. Old days chrome step Bumper.. But I have Aluminum Bumpers on last truck, But still the under mount lights. Seen yesterday a truck had LED clear lights actually in flat part of Bumper ..must of not wired to his back up lights as they was on, as he was driving.. and in reality made me notice them. and it just didn't look right, being that location lolo.. about as weird as having a 3rd eye in fore head that's some wisdom. but its what ya like and think is cool that counts.. Have a Happy Fourth

3. Member

Check out Bluewater LED....they are a board sponser and offer a couple styles that can be mounted at the rear of the truck and will be crazy BRITE. They also have videos on line that show them working. They come with lifetime warranty !!!
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

About 20 years ago I had two round spot light type lights installed under the rear corners of the bumper of my Suburban. I had them angled slightly outward so they will light up the edges of the ramp. the lights are wired directly into my back up lights so they come on when I shift into reverse. They work great! A friend liked them, so he had them installed on his Suburban. But, instead of spot lights, he used rectangular fog lights, as they throw a wider beam. Frankly, I like the looks of his better. But, mine are still working after all this time, so I haven't replaced them. One thing I do every couple years is to put a dab of clear RTV silicone on the wires where they enter the light, just to be sure that the water stays out.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

6. Member
    I replaced my factory reverse bulbs with replacement LED's that had a very high lumens rating. Now when I backup it's like turning on stadium lights. Purchased them from here: https://www.superbrightleds.com/
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

7. Member
    Problem is I have an 09 F150 - have the leds in and still crappy. Not enough reflector in OE lights on that year.

8. Member
    I installed the Bluewater LED CyberMite LEDs in the stock bumper holes on my rear bumper. They are perfect for lighting up the sides of the trailer to see the boat ramp sides in the pitch black. Great investment.

Attached Images Attached Images

9. Banned
    i used the same lights but on the trailer instead

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrCrankinstein View Post
    I installed the Bluewater LED CyberMite LEDs in the stock bumper holes on my rear bumper. They are perfect for lighting up the sides of the trailer to see the boat ramp sides in the pitch black. Great investment.

I have a similar set-up. Mine are not led as when I installed mine leds were just starting to take off. I have them routed to a switch and not thru my back up light circuit. I installed mine when our street was just a dead end and would have to back down the road to get the boat in the driveway, at night it can be difficult with cars parked on both sides of the road.