I think I solved my problem of straight shank flipping hooks bending out.

"The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Instead of powder paint, I would use this...

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

I thought about using the blade dip. But, someone said that it would fade, so the hook would have to be re-dipped every so often.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

True.. But it is thinner and easy to apply. I go through hooks fast enough not to need powder coat and hassle of doing them. I'm not a fan of heating my hooks to 400* and possibly hurting the temper.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    True.. But it is thinner and easy to apply. I go through hooks fast enough not to need powder coat and hassle of doing them. I'm not a fan of heating my hooks to 400* and possibly hurting the temper.
    It's a lot of work to do. But, so far, the hooks have performed flawlessly. 400*? Does the heat gun I use to warm the hooks get that hot? When I bake them, I do it at 350 for 15 minutes.

My powder coat calls for 400* for 20 min.