Ranger 375V Interior

Can anyone tell me if its possible to remove those cushion seats that are forward of the
    consoles and put in rod boxes, and enlarge the front deck?

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    anything is possible has it been done not sure but I'm sure someone will be along shortly that knows
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

3. Member
    We did that on my school's old I/O Ranger. It's actually a lot easier than you'd think. I'll see if I can find some pictures.
    Matt
    1991 Ranger 391V
    1998 Mercury 200 EFI

4. Member
    After all that work, you might be limited to a rod box that is only 6' deep... basically unusable for modern era rods.

5. Member
    Have you considered removing the front seats, building a large front deck and just having one center rod box where you'll be able to accommodate multiple longer rods?

6. Member
    I saw one that had the benches removed. I'm thinking there will be two bolts through the console front with the nuts accesible under the console. There was about three bolts along each gunnel and the nuts were accesible by reaching up from inside the rod lockers.You can remove the cushions and recover with carpet. There will likely be some abrasion behind the cushions from vibration and dirt,might need to be sanded and buffed.

7. Member
    I did it with my 373 years ago. I ordered a hard lid to replace the padded seat lid for the rod box from Ranger, it came carpeted and with all the hardware. I do not know if they still offer the replacement lid, its been 20 years.
    1987 Ranger 373V 150 Yamaha proV still going strong.

Talk to a friend with crazy carpentry skills- cabinet make or the like. Built a deck ext. in no time for my 363V. Did a Champ. with lounge up front-to rod lockers.
    Use fiberglass resin to seal all wood.
    2000 Ranger 520DVX 225hpdi

9. Member
    I know this is a shot in the dark but did you ever remove those front seats? I’m looking for a replacement set

10. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger78&79 View Post
    I know this is a shot in the dark but did you ever remove those front seats? I’m looking for a replacement set
    The OP hasn’t been on here in almost a year. You could try a private message to him [PM].
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio