Atlas hydraulic plate malfunction

Yesterday morning my plate self activated and and topped out and wouldn't stop. I removed the power to it. I am assuming it's a solenoid. Anyone had this issue?

Phoenix921,

Sorry to hear about this issue! There are a couple of things you can check very quickly to see if the relay has gone out and caused this issue:
    1) There is a 40 Amp fuse that is about 10" off the + wire leading the harness.
    2) Make sure the wires to the jack plate switch are intact
    3) Check the actuator by taking the blue and green wires directly to 12V by placing one wire on the + battery post and one wire on the - post. This will move the actuator up or down; simply swap the wires to move the actuator in the other direction.

If these tips are not helpful please contact Drew Mccammon either via phone: (256)772-0164 or email dmccammon@thmarine.com
    He will be able to help you further diagnose your issue. Thank you for using Atlas!

T-H Marine Team
    T-H MARINE SUPPLIES, INC. - WWW.THMARINE.COM

Service with a smile .

4. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by THMARINETEAM View Post
    Phoenix921,

Sorry to hear about this issue! There are a couple of things you can check very quickly to see if the relay has gone out and caused this issue:
    3) Check the actuator by taking the blue and green wires directly to 12V by placing one wire on the + battery post and one wire on the - post. This will move the actuator up or down; simply swap the wires to move the actuator in the other direction.

If these tips are not helpful please contact Drew Mccammon either via phone: (256)772-0164 or email dmccammon@thmarine.com
    He will be able to help you further diagnose your issue. Thank you for using Atlas!

T-H Marine Team
    I will never own anything without an atlas again, thanks for the tips I will give them a try this evening.
    Last edited by Z520C; 07-04-2017 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Spelling

5. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Service with a smile .
    I've heard this about them and now I'm getting experience it. They know how to keep a customer by good products and great service.
    Last edited by Z520C; 07-04-2017 at 11:34 AM.

6. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by THMARINETEAM View Post
    Phoenix921,

T-H Marine Team
    I sent an email to that email and a contact request on the t-h website last Sunday. I haven't heard back back yet. They may be shut down for the week with the holiday.

Friend has one and the same thing happened only in the down mode. Couldn't get it turned off and almost burned up the boat until he finally found the right wire.

8. Moderator
    Have yet to hear from anyone at t-h.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix921 View Post
    Yesterday morning my plate self activated and and topped out and wouldn't stop. I removed the power to it. I am assuming it's a solenoid. Anyone had this issue?
    Kittycat or carroll or tutor werent anywhere around were they
    How bout ur remote???
    22 BassCat Lynx
    22Mercury proXS
    Hummingbird/garmin
    ALX rods/Shimano /Lews
    Maxwell Flying inc

10. Member
    Phoenix921, the best way to get Drew is once you get into the THM system, call the Operator. Tell her your problem and she will either get Drew or have him call you back. They are closed on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix921 View Post
    Have yet to hear from anyone at t-h.

11. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bandit53 View Post
    Phoenix921, the best way to get Drew is once you get into the THM system, call the Operator. Tell her your problem and she will either get Drew or have him call you back. They are closed on Friday.
    Thanks for the tips, I'm not gonna worry about it anymore. I've got it positioned where it needs to be and I'll use it as is. But when it's time to purchase again I will take all things into consideration.