Question 03 225 DFI. Hard to start. Hard to keep at idle. Compressor oil line leak

SOLVED: While inspecting the girl rails, I discovered gas in the air side of the fuel rail. I learned that the diaphragm in the Tracker Valve had split, allowing fuel to interfere with the air injectors.

SOLVED 2nd problem: I found a split oil line that was leaking onto the oil filters, which gave the appearance that the lines were leaking where they connected to the in-line filters.

Hope this helps someone.

Short history: Compressor locked up while running. The subsequent vibration caused the nuts holding the block onto the midsection to loosen enough to allow water to fill cal. The water shorting out the bottom coils causing rpm loss at higher rpm's.
    Now: New compressor, compressor oil lines and filters. Good cylinder compression, all coils firing.

Problem since: Have to pump pedal to start. Have to pump pedal when put in gear or the engine will die. Hardly any issues once the Rpm's get over 2000. Occasionally, the engine will momentarily drop 800 or so rpm's while on top end (same symptom as when coils were getting wet). After hearing the story, a local mechanic said he was 100% certain a broke reed is the problem. Inspecting the reeds, only one has a very tiny chip on its end. I find it very hard to believe that this reed is causing so many problems.

2nd problem: oil leaking on the compressor side of both little white filters (they're new and tie strapped tight)

Anyone had the same problem? Trying to avoid troubleshooting my wallet to death.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dennyp; 07-12-2017 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Solved

2. Banned
    The compressor may have dumped metal particles into the fuel rails and plugged the injectors. Common after a compressor failure (unfortunately).

3. Member
    Thank you

4. Member
    I would not run this motor again, until the reeds have been replaced........They are shot. The oil leak must be fixed also....either the filter is damaged, or the hose is the problem.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    I would not run this motor again, until the reeds have been replaced........They are shot. The oil leak must be fixed also....either the filter is damaged, or the hose is the problem.
    ^^^^

Additionally, inline filters may be leaking if radius head tie wraps were not used.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

6. Member
    Solved. See edit in bold