Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    That sounds awesome. I'm about to purchase a new Bass Cat. And have been looking hard at all the boards and reveiws.
    how much more money is a G2? On like a 250?

2. Member
    The G2 250 HO is about 2200.00 more with 8 years warranty compared to a Mercury 250 Pro CS with 3 years warranty. Don't know about BC prices.

3. Member
    I am guessing also Sir that the G2 is the DPS version with power steering and fly by wire, whereas the Prox XS is not unless you want to fork out for expensive aftermarket components?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Huey View Post
    I am guessing also Sir that the G2 is the DPS version with power steering and fly by wire, whereas the Prox XS is not unless you want to fork out for expensive aftermarket components?
    Mine is the HO model, the DPS version would be nice to have on a Triton or any boat that chime walks but you don't need it on.a Ranger or at least I don't.

5. Member
    Hey I dint get a hat or t shirt either!!!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smallmouthguy View Post
    Hey I dint get a hat or t shirt either!!!
    Me either Jimbo

7. Member
    Me 3!!! But, I'm happy with my motor regardless!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1rudebee View Post
    Me 3!!! But, I'm happy with my motor regardless!
    Same here

9. Member
    Yup I love it.. mine should finally be off double oil and I got my interior done and put back in.. time to air it out. I am hoping for 80+..I may have to put in the DPS I don't seem to be as good a driver as I used to be... damn thing gets real squirrley at about 76"

10. Member
    I am looking at putting a 300HP G2 on either a BCB Lynx or Jaguar. I know it would make the Lynx a rocket and the Jaguar I would guess mid 70's as a 350 Verado with 3 people at the bass masters this year we hit 81 in a Jag.

My question is do I go electric or hydraulic steering?

11. Member
    Not real familiar with the BC but if they chime walk the DPS would be handy to have. Personally I don't need it, I don't have a problem driving any high performance boat, had a STV at one time running 114 in a quarter mile.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dtibbals View Post
    I am looking at putting a 300HP G2 on either a BCB Lynx or Jaguar. I know it would make the Lynx a rocket and the Jaguar I would guess mid 70's as a 350 Verado with 3 people at the bass masters this year we hit 81 in a Jag.

My question is do I go electric or hydraulic steering?
    I personally would go the DPS unit and I know down here and pretty sure up there the only 300HP G2 with IHS is the C/R model. The L/S and the X/L 300HP use DPS and I would think the Jag would be a 25 inch transom, so just fit the DPS version. I think your speed assumptions would be pretty accurate based on the 350HP Vrod numbers.

13. Member
    May I add it's not but about 600.00 or more so why not just go for it.

14. Member
    Can DPS added on a non DPS GII?

15. Member
    Don't think so Jimbo

16. Member

What HP are you talking about? If the Big block and the engine is an IHS unit one could but I would hate to think of the cost due to needing all the components related to a DPS outboard-it would be cheaper to swap out the whole engine I would think-trust me the mark-up in parts from them all is hefty-years ago I did the exercise of pricing up buying everything as a spare part needed to build the complete outboard and it was ALOT more than the complete engine assembled in the factory. If you are talking about the small block G2 with the Trac+ mid-section-no not possible there.

17. Member
    Kind of like the million dollar Cadillac by Johnny Cash lol

18. Member
    Call me crazy but I don't think a 300 G2 will do much better, if any, than a 250 HO speed wise. I could be wrong. Also, I've got the DPS in mine. It steers so smooth it almost freaks me out. But you can adjust it on the gauges to reduce the assistance, thus making it feel more normal. But, after you get use to it, it's kinda nice!

19. Member
    Grrr.

Well I love my G2 but I'm not impressed with the DPS. I can't tell any difference between the different levels which puts it in the gimmick category for me. But everything else is pretty much bada$$... so I'm good!
    Last edited by 86 inches; 07-22-2017 at 12:01 AM.
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast