Vintage Heddon Magnum Torpedo

Can someone give me their expert opinion on what this Heddon Magnum Torpedo is worth. I can't find another one like it except 1 and it sold for over $2000 in the box. If their is a Heddon expert out there please pm me with a contact so I can send a picture. It would be greatly appreciated.

2. Member
    It is the color KCH and model #362. Thanks. Would like someone's expert opinion.

3. Member
    I'm pretty sure that they were reproduced for the Japanese market just a couple of years ago along with several other tough colors....Seems when I saw them that the pattern is just a bit different... I sold an original back in the '90's for $450....

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LureheadEd View Post
    I'm pretty sure that they were reproduced for the Japanese market just a couple of years ago along with several other tough colors....Seems when I saw them that the pattern is just a bit different... I sold an original back in the '90's for $450....
    I was thinking that as well. OP, do you know for sure yours is original?

5. Member
    I think the scale pattern on the originals extends a bit further down the sides....No Heddon expert here by any means, I collect Creek Chubs...

I have seen that color on another model and yes it was made for Japan, it had a price tag of around $950

7. Member
    Thanks for the info. Hard to compare to another one since they are so hard to find. Only found 1 or 2 on ebay that were sold along time ago. Thanks

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack brown View Post
    Thanks for the info. Hard to compare to another one since they are so hard to find. Only found 1 or 2 on ebay that were sold along time ago. Thanks
    Pretty cool that you got one.

9. Member
    I just looked up "Heddon Magnum Torpedo" on Feebay and went to Advanced, then Sold....One sold today for a bunch, hope it was yours !...Another sold a couple of days ago for cheap...You can tell the difference in the patterns from these...

Looks like you got $750 for it......probably a good price for this day and age...

11. Member
    Yeah, if you got $750, I'd say that's pretty good in the market right now.

12. Member
    Thanks guys for the info. Yes it was mine. Sold for $750. Probably could have gotten more but didnt want to get greedy. Japan buyers were at war over that bait. Thanks again for the info on the bait.

13. Member
    The Japanese market is all over any Heddon that is the least bit harder to come by. If you have 2 or more of them bidding on even a common frog color Heddon a times, you will get a premium price for it. Never have figured out why they like the frog colors like they do. Congratulations on the sale!