South LA Boat Trailer Repair Options

Could someone recommend a business or individual who repairs boat trailers? I have a 2003 Skeeter, double axle trailer with some rust. It isn't critical, but I'd like to knock it out before it is...

Also, would anyone know around how much this would cost? Thanks guys!

2. Member
    Barnyard Fab in Chackbay. 985-665-5595. Never used them, but there are always trailers there getting worked on. The sign out front says they weld, blast and paint. And if your trailer is made from tube, you won't be able to get inside the tube and get all the rust out. Might not be worth the money to get it fixed. I went to Mike Geralds Trailer Depot and bought an aluminum trailer for my last boat.

3. Member
    Thanks for the response Barry, you bring up a good point on the inside tube...if you don't mind me asking, how much was your trailer?

4. Member
    You can go on their website and see the prices. Don't remember what I paid. Think it was about $1,200. They made it easy. Brought the boat to them and they lifted the boat off the old trailer and took it home. Went back in a couple of days and the boat was on the new trailer already set up. Sold the old trailer on Louisiana Sportsman.

5. Member
    http://mcclaintrailers.com/gallery/index.html Looks like you might have to call for a price.

6. Member
    Excellent man, appreciate your help! Members like you are what makes this site tick! Take care!

Tandem axle 20' with brakes about $4300 at Geralds.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerR View Post
    Tandem axle 20' with brakes about $4300 at Geralds.
    But not everybody can afford a big, fancy boat like you have.