Need Help on my Motor Height

H22Bay with F200, 6" Atlas plate mounted in middle hole to boat. The motor is mounted in second hole from bottom. With the jackplate all the way down, P2P is 4 1/4". Seems motor is way to high, especially if you raise the plate any. Should I move motor down on the plate? If I move to the top hole, looks like it will be about 1 1/2" lower.

Someone please give give me some opinions on this. School me on what I need to do.

Also, the powertech 23 prop is way over propped for this setup, could only get about 4500rpms. Going to order a 21 Temptest unless anyone has any better ideas.

Thanks

2. Member
    I have the same exact setup only a 10" plate. 4-1/4" PTP is too low. Mine runs best at about 3 to 3-1/2" PTP. Make sure and keep an eye on water pressure as you start to bring it up. I have a 21" power tech and can only get 5800 rpm so I would say 23" is way too much. I will be trying a 21" tempest soon. Please let me know how you like it.

3. Member
    Clarification.... My measurements are pad to center of prop shaft...... I've seen other take different measurements so just an FYI on what I'm seeing on my rig. Water pressure at 3-1/4" PTP on mine at WOT is about 20-22psi

4. Member
    That's what I measured pad to center of prop shaft. Even at 4 1/4" it seemed that the motor was too high. The prop was barely in the water, sucked air, and would shoot a big rooster tail with any trim at all. I did have two coolers in front of the console, loaded down with ice, drinks, and fish. Two people in the boat, full tank of fuel, baitwell full, and full tackle. I'm not sure if this would of caused a issue.

I plan to move the motor down either one or two holes on the plate. This would allow me to get about 5 1/2" p2p when I need to. And can raise jackplate up a little for peak performance when I get it all dialed in. Guess I need to go ahead and order a prop. I know that's part of the problem.