Minn Kota Terrova making noise when motor turning and not working low speed

Very rough trip last outing. Fished small craft advisory. This outing the motor was making noises like marbles. I though it was loose bolts to attachment plate but then I noticed the prop was not moving at slower speeds and turn on at let 10 max speed. It was making noise when ever it was running. Decided to shut it off. New Gear Box and control board last year. Need advise what to look for not much left that has not been replaced.

2. Member
    This is a 36v motor. Took shaft OFF no issues but it will only spin speed 3 thru 6. Its stops at higher and does not work at lower speeds. No sounds what so ever on dry land with the prop off. I have 45 Volts at the connector when charger plugged in and all connections are tight from batteries to motor.

3. Member
    Water in housing brush stuck. cleaned Everything lubed o rings and back together for now works like a champ.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronman View Post
    Water in housing brush stuck. cleaned Everything lubed o rings and back together for now works like a champ.
    Water was coming from somewhere. Just "lubing" the o rings usually doesn't fix a water leak.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

5. Member
    Right a seal kit is on order.

6. Member
    This was a tough job replacing the shaft seals. (Seems like everything is now days). There are 2 shaft seals I needed to drill small hole in to get a little give to the seal. Then I heated up the rubber with a heat gun and after much force removed both seals with a bent tip pair of needle nose pliers I have. There is a cardboard spacer between the seals that suffered some damage but was reused anyways. The new seals went in OK with a hammer and socket and were lubed well. Needed to take the top head off to pull slack from wires out as I messed this up the first time and burnt the brown wire not clear why it worked before. I then tuned the motor as detailed on U-Tube. I still need to test it on the water but I think the motor should be good now.