Thread: Net/Net Storage

Kentucky Bass Club/Trailers & Towing Moderator

Net/Net Storage

What are you guys using for nets and where would be a good place to store it on a 2014 FX 20? My old Ranger had a hole cut under the bench seat to slide it in. Just looking for ideas of how you guys have done it.

Thanks
    Chris

2. Member
    My 2022 FXR21 has a dedicated net storage system under the larger center storage lid. In my old boat I simply collapsed the net and it rode in the driver side rod locker. It was fairly simple

3. Member
    Mine also fits very easily into my starboard front compartment. What I wish I had somewhere is a holder for it when I’m fishing.
    Last edited by 99R93S; 02-14-2023 at 07:06 AM.

4. Member
    When I'm with you, you won't need to store it, just hold it and be ready to net all the fish I boat in that new Skeeter!

5. Member
    The folding nets that come with the late model Skeeters are junk. The Ego collapsible handle net (with full rubber netting) will easily fit in a rod locker or center compartment (if you have the single lid center). During a tournament, mine is out and on the floor. Yes, it’s in the way a little, but it’s out and ready. I couldn’t imagine trying to get a net out of a compartment ever time a fish is hooked.

6. Member
    I keep my Ego slider on the floor also and ready to go. In the closed position, it is relatively compact.

7. Member
    2021 ZXR20. I stow mine, collapsed, in the front storage. When fishing it lays on the back deck, handle between the seats. When running, I put it over the trolling motor foot pedal where it stays put in all conditions.

Some of the R boats have storage in the center box lid, my ZX does not have it however. I have a Stowmaster Tournament foldable, which I keep in the starboard rod locker, and when fishing I just have it in the cockpit, and have my foot on it when running.

9. Kentucky Bass Club/Trailers & Towing Moderator
    Thanks everyone for the info!!

10. Member
    I have a ego slider. I keep it on the floor of the boat. In my ranger it fit in the locker but not on my zxr with the lid configuration. I could put it in the center locker if needed on top of tackle but prefer it out and ready.