Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    I had the choice to buy a new xb21 on the trailer or my brand new bullet 20xrd with a 300x for less money so i went with the one i could motor around the lake. I was a pretty die hard allison fan at the time owning an xb2003/280 and being happy with it
    I bought an old used XB21 Prosport last year... I absolutely love it. .. I've had people at the ramp ask me if it was new. . I say no.. it's an 04.. They don't believe me lol..

With that being said... as far as the mainstream boats out there.. I do like the Phoenix boats for sure better than any Triton or Skeeter or even Ranger. . I think a Bullet is a great option as well.... but when it comes down to it... Allison does it for me.. my boat was 12 years old last year and people thought it was new... it has about 300 or so hours on the motor and was fished hard by the last owner... not many brands @ 12 years old can compare. Build Quality is amazing..

Out of your choices I'd probably take the Bullet... you have a bit more versatility in my mind and the ability to go into the 80's with a 250 and a tournament load is something the Phoenix cannot do. Best of luck!

Here's my old Allison XB21..
    2017-07-03 02.11.34.jpg

The o/p is asking about Bullet vs Phoenix not sure why there is other manufacturers mentioned
    2005 Stroker 2010-250pro xs

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Bling View Post
    The o/p is asking about Bullet vs Phoenix not sure why there is other manufacturers mentioned
    I believe that his question was answered as well.

^^^Is that your opinion?

Shane was he considering a 21ss or 21x?

6. Member
    21x but I think he will probably
    get a Phoenix.

7. BBC SPONSOR
    Since when does any post stay on track?

The two mentioned by the OP are both great boats, but for me and my style of running/fishing I'd pick the 21xrd every time....maybe I am stuck in the past but I prefer the stripes and the speed over the new looks and layout. I do wish they would change the lid seals on the old X boats tho.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

8. Member
    I can't stand all the plastic that's on a Phoenix they seam like very nice boats but the plastic kills it for me. That's one of the things a hated about my skeeter.

Sure would like to see another Bullet in our area Shane do I know this person?

10. Member
    If it was me, I'd get a Bullet and not look back, oh that's right I have a Bullet, wouldn't own anything else

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet 250 View Post
    If it was me, I'd get a Bullet and not look back, oh that's right I have a Bullet, wouldn't own anything else
    After owning 4 different boat brands and have fished out of several others, I 100% totally agree! Just my opinion.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

12. Member
    Sure would like to see another Bullet in our area Shane do I know this person?
    Hey... the op asked which boat.. I'm not sure why people are asking if they know him.

Wow do feelings get hurt easy these days both nice boats. Allison is a nice boat but just not for me.

Dan i sent u a pm

No kidding Scott I sent him a pm hope we can turn this round and make it water under the bridge

16. Member
    I would think Bullet and Phoenix appeal to two completely different types of fishermen.

They are all nice boats and I know we all are proud of what we own and I take offense at some comments too once in awhile. Guy should be proud to own an Allison Bullet Phoenix or whatever. None of them are cheap and each has its pros and cons. If I were going to buy a new rig I think I would put my ass in every seat I could including a Ballistic........

I agree

19. Member
    Guys guys... I was just trying to make the point how that comment initially to me was kind of unwarranted and rather childish.. I thought I did give input pertinent to the original question but was also interjection other points about My Allison... ultimately I hope he'd get the Bullet though as I feel it gives more as I stated before.. Hopefully all is well and I'm glad you guys picked up on how stupid my last post was.. That really was the purpose of it lol

Bottom line is... they both have upsides and downsides... ultimately you havery to make the best decision based on as much information and test rides you can get..

No hard feelings here lol

20. Member
    No kidding Scott I sent him a pm hope we can turn this round and make it water under the bridge
    Never did get the PM but I hope all is well lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast