Oil Bath to Vault

I currently have oil bath hubs that I was planning to replace with Vault hubs. I'm replacing the hubs and rotors (UFP). I ordered new parts and have them (UFP). My spindle doesn't have a hole in the middle to fill, I was thinking I'd be able to fill them with a grease gun through a hole in the hub. The new hubs I got don't have a hole for this. Can I manually pack them and fill the fault cap and make them work?

2. Member
    Absolutely. Only about 50 % of the spindles are drilled. Hand pack it full to the cotter pin, fill the protector to the snap ring, use a light coating of Loctite or RTV to seal the pores on the lip of the protector and hub and drive on.

3. Member
    Thanks for the speedy response. Parts in my area are hard to get and I waited a week for them to arrive and when I saw the hub with no way to add the grease, I got nervous.

4. Member
    You could take the hubs to a machine shop and have them drill and tap the backside of hub for a grease fitting. You would need it tapped right between rear race and seal. All the benefits of drilled spindles without having them.
    Donald

Oil bath hubs can be converted to grease without buying new hubs. Grease the bearings, fill the hubs with grease and replace the sight window bearing protector with a grease Trailer Buddy.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

I thought the vault was sealed ( no maintenance required) like the Vortex

Looked at the specs on the vault....guess you do have to add the initial oil/grease. Bummer