Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Very blessed man. I forgot the most important picture from yesterday. My 4 year old, 6 year old, and wife filled the boat with goggle eye.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2018 21' GatorTrax Strike Series, 250 Yamaha SHO

2. Banned
    She holds it like a PRO man!! She's got the arm extension down....like a BOSS!! Good stuff!

**Looks like you need to trim them toenails...
    Last edited by Original Tin; 03-26-2018 at 07:57 AM.

Y'all are really making my decision on my next boat pretty easy!!

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cmcmahan View Post
    There's a nice one for sale right now... Here's a link... (Selling 2012 Gator Trax)

You might want to jump on it before it's gone.

Last edited by Original Tin; 04-14-2018 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcmahan View Post

Them toe nails gain traction when chasing frogs through the swamp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Original Tin View Post
    She holds it like a PRO man!! She's got the arm extension down....like a BOSS!! Good stuff!

**Looks like you need to trim them toenails...

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by H22BASS250SHO View Post
    Them toe nails gain traction when chasing frogs through the swamp.

8. Member
    Just wanted to tell you what a awesome rig. The dedication to research
    and determination to get the boat you wanted is impressive. Congrats
    on building your dream.

9. Member
    So you’ve had this boat a few years and I’m curious to know what the long term impressions are? How’s that paint and hydro turf held up? Are the trim tabs needed?
    Last edited by sandman7925; 07-20-2021 at 04:39 PM.

Long term impressions, main one is I am very glad I had mine built when I did. Aluminum prices are very high now. This is a boat I will never get rid of. I will always own this boat. The paint and hydroturf are still holding up great. I can't speak for the trim tabs because I do not have them on my boat, so I guess I don't really know what I'm missing. The design of the the Strike Series hull has changed since mine was built, so I can't speak for the current hulls. The goal was to not look like an aluminum boat. I do not agree with that. I want it known my boat is aluminum .

Quote Originally Posted by sandman7925 View Post
    So you’ve had this boat a few years and I’m curious to know what the long term impressions are? How’s that paint and hydro turf held up? Are the trim tabs needed?

11. Member
    Long term impressions, main one is I am very glad I had mine built when I did. Aluminum prices are very high now. This is a boat I will never get rid of. I will always own this boat. The paint and hydroturf are still holding up great. I can't speak for the trim tabs because I do not have them on my boat, so I guess I don't really know what I'm missing. The design of the the Strike Series hull has changed since mine was built, so I can't speak for the current hulls. The goal was to not look like an aluminum boat. I do not agree with that. I want it known my boat is aluminum .
    thanks. I’m about a year I’m looking to upgrade and I’m considering a strike.

thanks. I’m about a year I’m looking to upgrade and I’m considering a strike.
    No problem man. Good luck with your decision. I have no regrets and get the "multi purpose" use I intended. I'll attach a few recent pictures of it in action.

bass.jpg bgred.jpg bream.jpg buckboat.jpg mrshbass.jpg sacs.jpg swim.jpg tords.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

13. Member
    No problem man. Good luck with your decision. I have no regrets and get the "multi purpose" use I intended. I'll attach a few recent pictures of it in action.

bass.jpg bgred.jpg bream.jpg buckboat.jpg mrshbass.jpg sacs.jpg swim.jpg tords.jpg
    haha. A deer on a bass boat. You are definitely from Louisiana.

14. Banned
    haha. A deer on a bass boat. You are definitely from Louisiana.
    Not just a Louisiana thing. We do that here in Ohio too. Get alot of looks going down the highway

15. Member
    Those are great pictures.
    Sapphire Blue/Black Bottom Vexus AVX 1980, Mercury 150 Pro XS

16. Member

Great looking family
    Gatortrax is definitely on the short list for retirement boats

17. Member
    Having owned a painted aluminum boat for the last 4 years, I see some actual genius in the Gator paint scheme. At first I thought it was ugly, but now I realize that scuffs and bumps just blend in, or can be touched up easily. Otherwise, a painted aluminum boat looks old and worn out in just a year or two. These guys may be on to something.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blakesfav View Post
    Having owned a painted aluminum boat for the last 4 years, I see some actual genius in the Gator paint scheme. At first I thought it was ugly, but now I realize that scuffs and bumps just blend in, or can be touched up easily. Otherwise, a painted aluminum boat looks old and worn out in just a year or two. These guys may be on to something.
    Raptorliner

I think the GT's are awfully cool boats. Some of their paint schemes are a bit "loud," but to each his own. From a tin boat construction perspective, they seem to be unparalleled. I'd sure love to own one, but, I don't do truck/boat loans.
    Last edited by Slicefixer; 07-25-2021 at 10:54 AM.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicefixer View Post
    Raptorliner

I think the GT's are awfully cool boats. Some of their paint schemes are a bit "loud," but to each his own. From a tin boat construction perspective, they seem to be unparalleled. I'd sure love to own one, but, I don't do truck/boat loans.
    Life is too short and money is too cheap to not finance a toy :)

It’s admirable to not finance beyond your means. I developed a play budget of about 1000 per month years ago - golf, fishing, ATVs, etc all have to fit in that budget. Works for me, especially as cheap as money is. I use cash for investing in things that don’t depreciate, like rental property.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blakesfav View Post
    Life is too short and money is too cheap to not finance a toy :)

It’s admirable to not finance beyond your means. I developed a play budget of about 1000 per month years ago - golf, fishing, ATVs, etc all have to fit in that budget. Works for me, especially as cheap as money is. I use cash for investing in things that don’t depreciate, like rental property.
    Hehehe.....good on ya'!

I was taught by my father to never finance ANYthing other than ones home IF possible. (Establishing/growing a business is another solid reason in a lot of cases) I get that money IS very cheap nowadays and it's foolhardy to pull "good money" to pay for most things. Pull 10% money when 3% is available? Not smart.....lose 7% via the flop.

However, in my mind if it's a toy and I've got to finance it then I really can't afford it. However, I realize many don't see it that way and that's A-ok.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast