Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

2018 21' GatorTrax Strike Series, 250 Yamaha SHO

2. Banned
    Great video...thanks for sharing. Chad helped design my center console...he's a real good guy. Did I hear Kent say 2 live-wells??

3. Member
    Those boats look real similar to the Sportmans Fabrication boats. Did you ever look at Sportmans Fabrication before buying the GT? I've also heard alot of good things about the Sportsmans Fabrication aluminum boats.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by crappielabrador View Post
    Those boats look real similar to the Sportmans Fabrication boats. Did you ever look at Sportmans Fabrication before buying the GT? I've also heard alot of good things about the Sportsmans Fabrication aluminum boats.
    I took a close look at Sportsman's Fabrication...nice rigs and excellent construction (see pic below). I went with GatotTrax because the BPS/Tracker Center near my home honors the GT warranty.

Sportsman's Fabrication 20' Tunnel Hull w/ Yamaha 200

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Original Tin; 02-13-2018 at 08:35 PM.

I have the standard rear live-well, but also on the front deck, I had them insulate and plumb a compartment to use as an ice chest for when I salt water fish, gig flounder, catfish lines, turtle lines, or crabbing. It is also plumbed to be able to pump water in and out, to make it easier to clean and rinse, when I am at the camp staying on the water for a few days. I wanted this to avoid having to haul a big ice chest in the boat for the catfish, crabs, turtles, and salt water fish( mainly red fish, speckled trout, and flounder).

Quote Originally Posted by Original Tin View Post
    Great video...thanks for sharing. Chad helped design my center console...he's a real good guy. Did I hear Kent say 2 live-wells??

6. Member
    That’s my boat in the pic. Looks a little different now.

7. Member
    However it is not a padded hull it is a flat bottom with a tunnel.

Where did you get the SHO decals?

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pooge View Post
    However it is not a padded hull it is a flat bottom with a tunnel.
    The one I looked at a couple years back was a padded v hull. It looked a lot like yours but looking closer at your transom I now see you're running a tunnel (Ive corrected my op). Very cool rig sir. I think SF still makes the 20' padded v hull though...right?? And are you running a yamaha 200 or did I get that wrong too?? lol

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by H22BASS250SHO View Post
    I have the standard rear live-well, but also on the front deck, I had them insulate and plumb a compartment to use as an ice chest for when I salt water fish, gig flounder, catfish lines, turtle lines, or crabbing. It is also plumbed to be able to pump water in and out, to make it easier to clean and rinse, when I am at the camp staying on the water for a few days. I wanted this to avoid having to haul a big ice chest in the boat for the catfish, crabs, turtles, and salt water fish( mainly red fish, speckled trout, and flounder).
    Great thinking...I like it.

11. Member
    I love the gator trax Hulls. They are really nice but expensive.
    2017 Triton 18 TRX
    200 Mercury Pro XS opti

12. Member
    The one I looked at a couple years back was a padded v hull. It looked a lot like yours but looking closer at your transom I now see you're running a tunnel (Ive corrected my op). Very cool rig sir. I think SF still makes the 20' padded v hull though...right?? And are you running a yamaha 200 or did I get that wrong too?? lol
    SF does still make the pad hulls. My dad actually just got one built. His looks very similar to mine with a little different layout on the deck and the pad bottom. But you did get it right on the 200 sho. Lol

And she’s home!

14. Member
    what kind of speed do you get out of the strike series? how does it handle rough water? how is it for a fishing platform? I keep looking at them, I really am looking for a bass boat that I can do some inshore salt water fishing also. any idea what the 20 ft Horsepower rating is?
    thanks
    Jeremy From Indy
    2019 PolarKraft TX 195 Pro
    2019 Suzuki 200SS

I got 75mph on a test run and ran out of room. Had more left in it. I ran 2 more times since I got it home, but wife and kids were with me, so didn’t run hard. It rides like a Cadiallac. It is much heavier than other aluminum boats and has a decent v to it. I haven’t been in anything rough yet, but crossing boat wakes was great. Most of my fishing is in brackish marsh. They will for sure hang a 250 on their 20 footer. No idea if they would deny any motor hung on it, no matter what hp. It’s all 3/16 and braced very very well. One word of caution, as I almost broke my leg. Completely my fault. I am used to stepping out of the boat once loaded on the trailer. My last few boats, I’d step from the front deck onto the spare tire. Well, this trailer came with a spare mounted on a spare brake disk complete with hub and bearings. Awesome to have the spares, but you guessed, the assemply is on a bolted spare trailer spindle to the trailer frame, so it rotates like a fully functional wheel. I stepped on the spare(not knowing) and went down hard!

Quote Originally Posted by catfishjn69 View Post
    what kind of speed do you get out of the strike series? how does it handle rough water? how is it for a fishing platform? I keep looking at them, I really am looking for a bass boat that I can do some inshore salt water fishing also. any idea what the 20 ft Horsepower rating is?
    thanks

16. Banned
    And she’s home!
    Congratulations!! Nothing like that new boat smell...

Mid 70's first time out is awesome! Curious...what prop are you running now? And did you remove the tabs yet??

Smells great in my shop lol. I'm starting with a 3 blade ventless vmax 27 T1 prop. I adjusted the tabs upward about a 1/32" so far. The first run out, it felt like I wasn't getting the bow lift that I should. The boat rides and lifts fairly level, as in stern lift and bow lift equally. I am used to a bow high riding boat, so it may take some time for me to get used to it and fine tune it.

Congratulations!! Nothing like that new boat smell...

Mid 70's first time out is awesome! Curious...what prop are you running now? And did you remove the tabs yet??

18. Banned
    Smells great in my shop lol. I'm starting with a 3 blade ventless vmax 27 T1 prop. I adjusted the tabs upward about a 1/32" so far. The first run out, it felt like I wasn't getting the bow lift that I should. The boat rides and lifts fairly level, as in stern lift and bow lift equally. I am used to a bow high riding boat, so it may take some time for me to get used to it and fine tune it.
    Thanks for the feedback... I'm running a 26p BravoI FS with PVS wide open. Ive been thinking about trying a 27p Tempest a buddy of mine is selling...given your feedback think I may give him a call soon. You've got a sweet ride there sir...congrats and good luck!

PS...any future pics or feedback you're willing to share would be much appreciated.

Yes sir thank you. When I get to go out by myself and make some good runs, I’ll let you know.
    Thanks for the feedback... I'm running a 26p BravoI FS with PVS wide open. Ive been thinking about trying a 27p Tempest a buddy of mine is selling...given your feedback think I may give him a call soon. You've got a sweet ride there sir...congrats and good luck!

PS...any future pics or feedback you're willing to share would be much appreciated.

Went out today to make some runs. Conditions weren’t that great with the wind. I was by myself in my boat. I did run across Lake Maurepas and experienced the ride in some rollers. I am very impressed how this boat handles the waves. I went to a long straight canal. Had a hard cross wind. My best run was 77.2mph.I did get a prop to pad measurement, and moved my jack plate a bunch to get my measurements and see where I was on the gauge. Boat ran the best at 1&3/4” below pad. I got the boat lifting like I want. I made another 1/16” adjustment to the fixed tabs on the bottom of the transom. When the wind conditions are better, I am going to be able to squish out a few more mph.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast