Image question with pics?

Hello,

Can anyone tell me what the clutter or marks near the bottom of the screens may be caused from? They are constant, I know they are not fish or bait but I can't figure it out. Could it possibly be a density change in water or thermocline? Same on all 3 of my units and like I said is constant know matter where I am at on home lake but only appears like this in the about 16-22fow range. Iv'e been running the same set up for a few years and have never encountered this before. The only difference in the posted images is one pic is 50% sensitivity the other 60.

Thanks for any tips guys.

2. Member

3. Member

4. Member
    Whats it look like when moving faster than 0.4MPH

5. Member
    Similar, though I didn't make it a point to see if it improved based off of speed yesterday I do not recall a time it was much better or worse. Actually the second pic is captured at .8 and the sensitivity is still only at 60.

6. Member
    Did it happen all over the lake. Too strong to be thermocline.

And because there are those lines coming and going it has to be fish suspending.

What ever the fish are, it will appear like a that when basically barely moving. (0.8mph is still pretty slow). The squiggle lines is from the boat moving up and down in the waves, as it matches the bottom.

I get this from time to time and it was fish, in my case it was drum on a small river.

7. Member
    Thanks for the replies Moetorola, man I have a really hard time believing the marks are actually fish as it was honesty all over the lake however the lake that I was fishing also has plenty of drum. I guess I could drop a cam and find out for sure.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joeim8 View Post
    Thanks for the replies Moetorola, man I have a really hard time believing the marks are actually fish as it was honesty all over the lake however the lake that I was fishing also has plenty of drum. I guess I could drop a cam and find out for sure.
    Switch to downscan, see if it shows up there also.

But I would put money on it, those are fish.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moetorola View Post
    Did it happen all over the lake. Too strong to be thermocline.

And because there are those lines coming and going it has to be fish suspending.

What ever the fish are, it will appear like a that when basically barely moving. (0.8mph is still pretty slow). The squiggle lines is from the boat moving up and down in the waves, as it matches the bottom.

I get this from time to time and it was fish, in my case it was drum on a small river.

he hit it on the head. If your going to go slow then slow down the scroll speed but even then there will be a limit on speed vs scroll speed. I've set still and used a fast scroll speed when jigging. Gives a real time view of my bait and the fish.
    It's not the numbers or size, it's the time spent on the water

what if you are in more shallow water, like less than 10'?

11. Member
    It only seemed to be like pictured in the 16-22 range.