Angry Removing A-60 actuator

How do you get the rear pin to come out? Front pin comes out easy, rear wont come out. I have sprayed with penetrating oil, tapped with hammer and still cant get the damn thing out. Almost acts like it is binding up somewhere on the inside.

2. Member
    try from the other direction. Sometimes the end will mushroom easily as it has a groove for the snap ring cut in it. Use a big bolt as a center punch or try beveling the edges with a grinder or file.

3. Member
    I had to beat the hell out of mine to remove it but it will come out. As stated above, be careful not to mushroom it and switch directions back and forth. Aerokroil is the best penetrating oil i have used.
    2001 Ranger 205VS/225 Optimax

4. Member
    You should get new pins with the actuator smear some grease on them before you install and do that again every so often keeps rust from building up.Keep your old pins but soak them in vinegar for 24hr it will take the rust of them.

5. mikesxpress
    Do you have a swing away tounge?

helped a guy with one that had seen a little salt water.
    After all the tricks we knew including a sledge hammer -- resorted to a cutting torch.

7. Member
    Thanks guys for the help will try again tomorrow to get it out. No swing away tongue. just a 23 yr old trailer

I took a "C" clamp and took off the flat swivel contact point and put it on the trailer pin with a socket on the other side... Tighten it as much as you can and whack the "C" clamp screw to drive the pin out... Worked for me since I didn't have a pneumatic/electric chisel punch.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    I took a "C" clamp and took off the flat swivel contact point and put it on the trailer pin with a socket on the other side... Tighten it as much as you can and whack the "C" clamp screw to drive the pin out... Worked for me since I didn't have a pneumatic/electric chisel punch.
    I'm trying to visualize your C-clamp trick -- Think I have it-- but how did you get much pressure or keep the clamp straight without placing it on the other end of the pin ??

The socket goes over the pin to allow it to go into. Tighten and whack, Repeat!

I used a large heavy duty C clamp.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

The socket goes over the pin to allow it to go into. Tighten and whack, Repeat!

I used a large heavy duty C clamp.
    Perfect.... that's one trick we did not try on my friends .. By that time he was so pissed he WANTED to cut on it !!

I like this idea a lot. A portable press! Brilliant!
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    I like this idea a lot. A portable press! Brilliant!
    I cant take credit.... Jerry T gave me the idea and it worked for me.

I beat, torched and mine would not come out. Finally ended up drilling it in multiple steps before it finally let go. I just replaced the whole assembly as everything was worn out, plus it just makes it way easier.
    Stroker DC21 Mercury 250 XB