Thumbs Up Shimano Curado K Pre-Order @ The Tackle Trap!

The all new 2017 Shimano Curado 200K is currently available for pre-order at The Tackle Trap and is expected to arrive by late summer to early fall. Arrival dates are estimated and subject to change per the manufacturer.

Shimano Curado K Pre-Order Link

We haven't fished this reel yet, but have torn one apart to see what's inside, and this appears to be one very well built reel. Brass micro module gearing along with an aluminum frame and side plate (handle side) give this latest generation Curado a very solid feel in hand. We're expecting this one to be a winner.

Built tournament tough, the Shimano Curado is the benchmark for reliability and durability. Generations of anglers have looked to Curado as their trusted partner.
    Now, Shimano gives you more than ever with the new Curado K series reels. Featuring the latest in Shimano technology, such as super smooth, efficient, durable MicroModule Gearing, Curado builds on its legacy as the go to baitcasting reel for both fresh and saltwater action. The new Curado is a 200 size, offered in multiple gear ratios up to 8.5:1, with an MSRP of $179.99. The Curado will offically launch at ICAST 2017.

Model Retrieve Gear Ratio Weight Bearings Line Cap. (Test/Yd.)
    CU200 K Right 6.2:1 7.6 6BB + 1RB 14/110
    CU200HG K Right 7.4:1 7.6 6BB + 1RB 14/110
    CU200XG K Right 8.5:1 7.6 6BB + 1RB 14/110
    CU201 K Left 6.2:1 7.6 6BB + 1RB 14/110
    CU201HG K Left 7.4:1 7.6 6BB + 1RB 14/110
    CU201XG K Left 8.5:1 7.6 6BB + 1RB 14/110

Put me down for the 8.5 retrieve in a right hand model

3. Banned
    Black, gonna be too hot to handle in the summer sun... Dan

4. Member
    Shimano was saying that this reel is more compact than the I series, have you tried to palm this one on a rod to see if its a little more compact?
    2004 Stratos 295 Pro XL
    2004 Mercury 3.0 L EFI 200 HP SN: 0T908560
    Standard/Servicemaster Lower 859399T13

Quote Originally Posted by kercha83 View Post
    Shimano was saying that this reel is more compact than the I series, have you tried to palm this one on a rod to see if its a little more compact?
    Yes, it's listed at 10% more narrow and 10% shorter, so overall, more it's compact than the Curado I series. With micro module gearing and SVS Infinity braking, and aluminum frame and handle side plate, I think it's going to fish great!

Re these curado quality or just citca's with a CU designation
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
    Re these curado quality or just citca's with a CU designation
    They are a new design overall. The build quality appears to be very good. I'm looking forward to getting some time on the water with Curado K as soon as possible! Of course, in typical Shimano fashion, the left hand retrieve users will have to wait longer than the right hand retrieve guys!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    Yes, it's listed at 10% more narrow and 10% shorter, so overall, more it's compact than the Curado I series. With micro module gearing and SVS Infinity braking, and aluminum frame and handle side plate, I think it's going to fish great!
    The handle side plate is not aluminum, it is CI4+.

10. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    You charged me for the Vixens and I had to wait 6+ months before you terminated my order for complaining. You can't satify everyone, I know your intentions were probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by joekaz View Post
    The handle side plate is not aluminum, it is CI4+.
    Thank you for the information - I was told it was aluminum, I'll re-confirm with the representative who passed along that information.

Quote Originally Posted by Basscaster View Post
    You charged me for the Vixens and I had to wait 6+ months before you terminated my order for complaining. You can't satify everyone, I know your intentions were probably right.
    Wow, you again? Why am I not surprised...