Installing Power Pole Sportsman II on RT178

I'm going to install a Power Pole Sportsman II on my 2015 RT178. I'm seriously thinking about doing the install myself. How hard is this install? Any tips or tricks? If push comes to shove I can have a local dealer do the install, but Kevin at K&K Kustoms gave me a great quote on the unit, mounting bracket & wireless foot switch & I'm worried that I may get hammered on the labor due to not purchasing the stuff from them.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Nathan

You can do it......
    2013 Pre-Johnny Ranger RT 178
    115 PRO XS
    Due to the increase of ammunition prices... There will be no warning shots
    Honda certified Master technician 33 Years

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger RT View Post
    You can do it......
    I just got this visual of Tony Little on a gazelle made of power-poles saying "you can do ittttt!!!

when drilling the holes for the mounting plate make sure you are not to high. When i did mine i was very close to being to high. If its a 2017 pole order shorter lines. Make sure its a 2017. They are nicer than the older ones. Powder coated and better lines. The ones that come with the pole are way to long. I mounted my pump on the protrusion plate. It has enough room. The bracket needs to be bent some. Add a switch to kill the power. It will drain the battery. It is not that hard. Drilling the first hole sucks but it is worth it. After installed and used some re torque the bolts. As for the foot switch you are on your own. I want them bad but broke.

5. Member
    Thanks CrankWV. Kevin is ordering it in for me due to him being out of stock. So it should be fresh stock. I appreciate the tips.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=822084&page=2

Pictures of my 2017 178 PP mount that was done at factory is on page 2 if it helps...