Fuel Gauge issue need some advice...

I have a fuel gauge that isn't working and started to do some troubleshooting to locate the issue. I first checked the sending unit and shorted the sending unit to the ground and the gauge didn't go to full. However, while i was there and apart i ohm out the sending unit and it wasn't reading any ohms of resistance. I replaced the sending unit and found a break in the metal that reads the gas level. I replaced and the gauge still doesn't work. I checked the voltage to the gauge and have voltage to the light(blue) voltage to the Ignition (purple) and reading nothing on the S (Pink) with the key on. What is the next step in my search?

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Have you tried measuring between the leads on the sending unit with the key on? If you don't get anything there, you might want to measure from the black lead at the tank to a known 12V source. Maybe a missing ground.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    you said you have voltage at the gauge but didnt say you had a good ground ,with the key on go from ground to ignition and you should get 12 volts ,if you do them check the ground at the tank sending unit to a hot to make sure it is working as well. if you have power and ground the only thing left is the send wire, take a seperate wire and put it fron the tank to the s on the gauge if it now works problem solved, if it stin isnt working i would say get another gauge its bad. hope it helped