Question Ranger Rt178 Towing Set-up

Just looking to get some reassurance I'm on the right track here for towing this boat. I'm picking it up Saturday with my 2011 suburban, never hauled with it yet. Guy measured 20" to top of trailer coupler leveled and I got around 23" to top of my hitch receiver. Accounting for ball height I'm thinking around a 6" drop for the ball mount. Does this sound reasonable? I don't have a ball mount with that much drop so I'm gonna have to buy one if so. Seems like a good amount of drop compared to towing with trucks in the past. Thanks for any advice.

Sounds about right. Tongue weight will drop you about an 1" or 2 at the most. I tow with a 4" drop on the hitch. GMC Envoy so your suburban is a few inches taller. Your trailer will have the same size tires as mine. And my trailer is dead level.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

3. Member
    I have a 178 and the top of the ball is 19 1/2 from the ground. The trailer had a tag on the coupler when I bought it with the recommended height but I can not find it, I think it was like 18 1/2 or 19 1/2"

4. Member
    Good deal, thanks for the advice