Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I've never heard of someone burning through clothing. Im in central SC and, with the exception of this year, fish in 95-100* temp in June and July and have never even noticed getting a hint of sun under my clothing. Matter of fact, my covered body looks like tommy TuTONE compared to my uncovered. Like whitebread next to burnttoast
    Matthew 6:33
    2020 921elite

2. Member
    I have all but gave up on the sun shirts they are like wearing a shower curtain and I sweat like a pig. I have went to long sleeve hooded white t-shirts they are $16 and when they get wet the breeze seems like an acre unit
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

3. Member
    I've worn the PFGs without an issue, but with normal cotton I have gotten burned through the shirt when it was sweaty. Interesting at least, maybe a little tan will prevent it next time.
    2021 Caymas CX21/Mercury 250 Pro XS

4. Member
    Haven't worn Columbia's, but I have a couple others from Under Armor and 5x3. No burns with either of them and I really want to get several more just because they are so much more comfortable. Granted, I just spent 3 days in the sun with my kids at cub scout camp, in the sun the whole day and didn't even come close to burning without sunscreen. I don't burn once I get out a couple times in the sun. But I do overheat and those shirts are so much better.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

5. Member
    How old are they , was they washed the right way . I think you can wash out the UV protection ?

Spf shirts, yet another well marketed, over hyped gimmick.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Quillback View Post
    If I am going to be out in the summer sun fishing, I'll spray my shoulders with sunscreen even when wearing an SPF type shirt. I burn easily.
    Does that make you a 'Snowflake'?

8. Member
    Where the best place to buy them now , i have a few button up ones .Never tired the LS puller type with the wording down the arm .They look nice . I may try the HUK style shirts ,they look good also .

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddy View Post
    Those white shirts loose some protection when you sweet.
    The spelling Nazi is not pleased with you.
    Question everything!

10. Member
    If you can find a Columbia outlet near you, they have decent prices and almost always have the PFG stuff near me.
    2021 Caymas CX21/Mercury 250 Pro XS

I've been wearing Magellan shirts and pants from Academy for years. Went to the long sleeves and zip off long pants last year. Love them. Got a bunch on sale. Keep me cool, dry quickly, no burns. I think they hold up as well as any Columbia stuff I have.

12. Member
    I tried a couple of Magellan shirts but didn't like the fit. For several years I have used the long sleeve button up Columbia shirts. Not sure what SPF they are but I've never had any sun burn issue with them. I like them because they are loose fitting, lightweight and give me protection. When the are wet they will dry quickly . I think the protection may wash out after too many washes . Not certain about that because I have 4 or 5 that are a few years old and still serve me just fine.
    GETFISHED !!!

Never even burnt thru my Columbia wear and my skin color is identical to new fallen snow. In fact never been burnt thru any clothing period.
    14' Alumacraft Green machine.
    24v.70# Minn Kota (bow)
    24V. 75# Motorguide (tiller)
    Non green- 9.9 merc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12