Humminbird Transducer

So my new X19 has Helix 7's and this XNT transducer It appears to be located a bit too low. I get a horrible spray up the side of the engine and it kept flipping up. I put the third screw in and it then broke where the plastic "arms" meet below the screw hole in the pic. I've got a second one, but need to get it in the right place. Dude who mounted it put the screws at the bottom so i cant raise it any without drilling new holes. its about 1/2 way down the ducer on the low side and all the way in the water on the high side.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

2. Member
    Can/do I need to plug the old holes if I move it? My first though would be to just move it to the side and put the screws back in the old holes (not that I want screws all over my hull)

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

3. Member
    You can just put screws back in there but make sure to silicone the screws first.

4. Member
    Agreed. I like to silicone the screw, the hole, and the screw from the inside if I can see it. A lot of people act like wood in a boat is a death curse, but wood is excellent at deadening vibration and keeping screws tight ...... aluminum and hard materials not so much. Thus I like to silicone for the water tight bond, but also for the rubber material to help with vibration.

And if you decide to move it left or right of the original screw holes, just make sure that you're not going to get water interference/turbulence from the steps in the hull.

I would look into getting one of those plastic boards that you mount on your transom that you screw the transducer into that ...... if you're not wanting extra screw heads showing.

Hope it helps.
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci

5. Member
    Steve, you can buy pvc board at lowes and epoxy it to your hull over the bad holes. Then you can move the transducer all over the board. I ran into the same issue on my rt188, now the transducer keeps bottom at full speed.
    BassCat Cougar FTD w/Suzuki 250SS

6. Member
    Steve call humminbird send them a e-mail of your receipt they will send you a plug that goes in the mount it self. The spray is coming up threw the hole in the bracket there is usually a plug with the unit the guy that installed mine threw it out by mistake. They sent it to me in 2 days installed plug...fixed good luck