Map chip options for lowrance unit?

Wondering what everyone's choice is for map card for the area. Do not see myself fishing outside of Michigan/Ohio/Indiana with my current boat. What do you suggest? I'm new to the whole map card thing and what is best/needed.

Thank you,
    James

2. Member
    Navionics + You download the lakes you want anywhere in the country and get the latest updates for a year.
    http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Navio...cpage-NVP.html
    -Matt

3. Member
    I have both the navionics and lake insight chips. I like both but if you go with one, go with the Lowrance Lake Insight Chip. Both navionics and Lowrance insight chips allow for social mapping where you can download the latest user sonar generated mapping updates. The big difference is navionics has an annual membership fee of $100 to keep downloading the latest data. The Lowrance chip doesn't require a membership (fee) unless you want to download the bottom composition add ons. The Lowrance chip is also $100 cheaper up front.

Again, I have both and there are some lakes that have better detail between the two, but more and more I find a higher number of social web updates on the Lowrance site than navionics.