Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Powell View Post
    Don't be skurrred
    (ALWAYS) always ----- measure twice cut once....

2. Member
    Don't think I'd want to cut the pedal lol

Anyone called the Allison factory (Bill) and asked what would Allison charge to put the bigger update recess tray in?

I think I could live with just mounting it as deep as possible like NOTGSXR did -- And maybe some trimming on the pedal.
    I fished like a crane for about 20 years before thay started recessing them..
    Last edited by fishnfireman; 07-01-2017 at 12:28 PM.

Tim you better cut it in the A.M. and not P.M. to remove the chance for an oopsy! lol
    Jay McDaniel
    2003 Allison XB21 BasSport Elite 2+2
    2019 Mercury Racing 300R

6. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by tritontr21 View Post
    Tim you better cut it in the A.M. and not P.M. to remove the chance for an oopsy! lol
    And only Tues - Fri
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

7. Member
    I think cutting the pedal is not the best option lol

8. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    I built a raised floor in my foot well for my Ultrex pedal. I moved it forward a few inches and up about 2". I have a post on here somewhere with pics. I don't have the eped so that made it easier for me to do it.

i contemplated cutting the 2 back switches off the pedal (constant ON and NAV) which would allow it to fit in the well and mount the buttons on the bow panel or something but couldn't bring myself to do it if I ruined it.

I asked Mr Allison at the rally what his plans were for a foot well that could be installed in an older XB21 and said he's given it some thought but wants to be sure that the integrity of the front deck will not be compromised by cutting out the original. And if need be somehow install the new one so it becomes part of the structure by either glassing it in from the underside or top side to give it some strength.

If you look at one of the older 21's like my 2008 2+2 the foot well was independent from the bow panel and part of the front deck. I don't see that one being as difficult to replace with an aftermarket model. But the newer 21's with the foot well being open with the bow panel is what has Mr. Allison scratching his head and rightly so. You're not just going to cut that out and screw in another one and not leave a mark!!
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

9. Member
    Agreed. The older ones like my 2004 had the pedal hole cut out... and the pedal well in. The problem is that it's tapered... it is wide enough on top and forward. .... they just need to take that taper out and it would be fine...

this was the first one I have had with the recess sad thing is I never used it. had to make a cover for the low profile terrova soon after taking delivery as I had a deal with Minkota at the time and got it at cost.
    Attached Images Attached Images

11. Member
    Looks pretty good.. God I hate that foot pedal though lol.

Quote Originally Posted by NOTGSXR View Post
    Looks pretty good.. God I hate that foot pedal though lol.
    LOL !! It took some getting used to.. My partner still can't use it.
    If your fishing tight to cover you have to stay one move ahead.
    But fishing open banks, grass lines, points, humps and off shore ditches I love it. Just put in auto pilot and make adjustments with the toe buttons on the bottom.. Can spend most of the time standing flat footed. get to a productive area and hit spot lock. Or do a track back..Or a contour line
    It took awhile but this newest version is going to change the way a lot of people fish.. I almost hate to see it for my competition.

13. Member
    I have a 2012 Allison Bassport with an Ultrex mounted. I trimmed the edges of the foot pedal which made it narrow enough to sit down in the well but had to slide the foot pedal forward about 1-1.5" and that still left room for it to travel without hitting the locator trim. I have some pictures posted on the Allison Owner's Forum.

14. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Melton37079 View Post
    I have a 2012 Allison Bassport with an Ultrex mounted. I trimmed the edges of the foot pedal which made it narrow enough to sit down in the well but had to slide the foot pedal forward about 1-1.5" and that still left room for it to travel without hitting the locator trim. I have some pictures posted on the Allison Owner's Forum.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

15. Member
    How much bigger is the ultrex foot pedal compared to a fortex?

16. BBC SPONSOR

Edit***** Too bad you can't read it
    Fastbass Marine LLC

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Melton37079 View Post
    That's what I'm talking about!
    Mike Malinao
    2010 XB-21 BasSport 2+2 250 Mercury Pro XS
    https://www.facebook.com/mikemalinaofishing

18. Member
    I think it says 9.2 x 12.5 . I know my fortex foot pedal is tight.not sure of the dimensions, if that could be made to fit i may be able to get rid of my poles..

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basser38 View Post
    I think it says 9.2 x 12.5 . I know my fortex foot pedal is tight.not sure of the dimensions, if that could be made to fit i may be able to get rid of my poles..
    I measured my 2010 tray and it's 8 1/2 at the back and 9 1/2 at the widest x 13"
    Mike Malinao
    2010 XB-21 BasSport 2+2 250 Mercury Pro XS
    https://www.facebook.com/mikemalinaofishing

20. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by tap_tap_boom View Post
    I measured my 2010 tray and it's 8 1/2 at the back and 9 1/2 at the widest x 13"

Did you measure at the top of the opening or down in the tray?
    Fastbass Marine LLC

2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12