What transducer should I use?

I have a helix 10 G2N sonar unit on my bow. I have a Ultrex that has the built in ducer, I have the chirp trolling motor ducer, and I have the 360 bow ducer for the Ultrex . Can I use two or all three for best performance? Looking for your input. I also have a Helix 10 mega on the console with the Ethernet hub linking everything.

The US2 or included 2D transducer connects to the unit transducer port, you use one or the other for Depth/2D sonar.

The included 2D transducer is no different than any 2D transducer that Humminbird has had for many years. It is not a "CHIRP" transducer. It just gets Chirped if you choose to use CHIRP. The US2 gets Chirped also if you use that one.

The 360 is an Ethernet accessory that only does Imaging--no depth.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Wayne, So I would hook the US2 to the sonar on the bow thru a y connector so that the 360 transducer can hook up to my bow mount unit too?? Just want to make sure I am hooking up the 360 transducer correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by brnzbck7 View Post
    Wayne, So I would hook the US2 to the sonar on the bow thru a y connector so that the 360 transducer can hook up to my bow mount unit too?? Just want to make sure I am hooking up the 360 transducer correctly.
    There is no "Y" cable involved.

You need the Minnkota 7 pin Humminbird adapter to connect the US2 to the transducer port.

You need the AS EC QDE Ethernet adapter to connect the 360's Ethernet cable to the unit's Ethernet port.
    The 360 comes with a 20' Ethernet cable, you may want to purchase the 2' version so there is not a lot of cable to manage. The 360 Ethernet cord is 8' long that the Ethernet cable connects to. You choose to manage 10' of cable or 28' of cable.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Member
    Wayne, I am using a 5 port Ethernet hub to link my units together. If I put the 360 transducer directly to the bow unit how do I link the bow unit to the hub to link everything together. I want to be able to see 360 on my bow and console units and want to be able to save Way points from one unit so I can see them on both units.

Quote Originally Posted by brnzbck7 View Post
    Wayne, I am using a 5 port Ethernet hub to link my units together. If I put the 360 transducer directly to the bow unit how do I link the bow unit to the hub to link everything together. I want to be able to see 360 on my bow and console units and want to be able to save Way points from one unit so I can see them on both units.
    In that case you connect the 360 to one of the Ethernet Switch ports.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL