375V Rod Locker extension and recessed foot pedal

I am looking for anyone that can help me through this process. I know there is a guy that has done it on here and put a lot of pictures up, but he didn't explain what tools he used and how he kept from drilling out the side of his boat. I am not to the glass boat world and the last thing i want to do is make my pretty boat not so pretty. It's a 1989 375V with all original everything except upgraded graphs and trolling motor. Thanks for anyone that can help me out with this!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    I went for it and extended my rod lockers and put the foot tray in!
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Member
    Is that the front livewell you capped off? Thinking of doing the same to mine.

4. Member
    Joe372V, yes thats the front live well I capped. I store my anchor and a spare life vest in there now and all my spinnerbaits in tackle file deals.

5. Member
    Yep, extra storage is what I was thinking too

6. Member
    Rod lockers on my 93 372v a little short too. Just haven’t worked up the nerve to go cutting on the old girl yet.

7. Member
    cutting those rod lockers so i can fit 8' rods in them was huge. changed everything about the boat and now it's so nice to only have out what i need! i have 11 casting set ups on the left side alone! I just finished building a deck extension also to hold all my tackle except my soft plastics.

8. Member
    Very nice modifications on the old girl!

9. Member
    Yes very good mods , your back will love the Trolling motor pan .

10. comanche487
    What the deal on Drill setup
    where did you get it
    I have a 487 I want to do that

11. Member
    looks very clean!! Great job...

M

It's the little things that make it fish like a new boat! Nice work!!!

13. Member
    comanche487 the bit is a Dewalt hole saw set up with a piece of 4 foot long round bar stock welded into it. It worked really well! Thanks everyone for the words. I loved this boat before but now that i can get 11 full casting set-ups in the left side alone and that trolling motor tray I am over the moon happy with her! I just need to figure out a good name for her now!

14. Member
    Definitely have to do both of these modifications to my 482V as well. About how many of the rods fit through the opening you cut? Was that a 3" hole saw?
    2023 Lund 2075 Pro V Bass XS
    2023 Mercury Pro XS 250 4S

15. Member
    I ended up putting two holes on each side. The one closest to the center of the boat is 2 inches then i put another hole just outside of that, it was 1 1/2 inches. I can fit 11 casting set ups in the left side. You can't throw them in and out like those huge rod lockers but you can get the deck cleared off and protect your stuff if you are a little careful, (and i will be the first to tell you that my "little careful" is a lot rougher then most peoples!

16. Member
    Got it, thanks!
    2023 Lund 2075 Pro V Bass XS
    2023 Mercury Pro XS 250 4S

17. Member
    so the first cut took out the fiberglass backstop and a little foam correct? Did you then put it back in the same hole and grab another bite of foam and keep repeating the steps?

18. Member
    Once the fiber glass was out of the way I took a 1/2" piece of conduit and pushed it into the foam and removed it like plugs. Once i got it worked out i took my shopvac hose with extensions (they happen to be right around 1 1/2"s and removed the foam that way. I should also not that I drilled a 2 inch hole closest to the center of the boat then drilled another hole just outside of the 2 inch hole that was 1 1/2 inches. I removed the foam in a tube shape all the way up to the bow panel. I did not dig the foam out from my trolling motor tray hole at all other then to fit the tray in.

19. Member
    What tray did you use? Or how deep is the tray if you remember? I’m worried about fitting on top of the live well.

20. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum, Josh. The person of whom you are asking the question, though, hasn’t visited BBC for several months, so you might not get a quick answer from him. Sometimes a more effective method when you have a question for a specific person is to send the person a Private Message. In that case, he would get a pop-up prompt to read your message as soon as he logs in the next time, instead of needing to find this particular thread and read it. Hopefully another forum member also can give you some advice. — John C.

P.S. Let us know if you need help creating a Private Message.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio