Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Solix 15 first day out

All I can say is wow! I'm glad I didn't sell my onix. I thought solix si and di would be better than onix but it's not even close. Side image looks good at 100 feet on each side but anything less than that it gets very grainy like sharpness is on high but it's turned off. Down imaging is all but useless hardly even shows anything at all. 2D looks good. I'm scanning the same brushpiles that is sank and have fished 100 times with my onix, so I know what's there. I have three 1199's onix 10, helix 12 and they all look better. 360 looks to be as good on the solix as the other units if you can call the other ones good. I mounted the transducer on the jack plate where the onix was and it's level. Anybody got any ideas.

2. Member
    You're depressing me... I haven't used mine yet.

Thanks for posting this report !

4. Member
    Can you take some screenshots as well as the mosaic feature on the chart - thank you.

5. Member
    Nobody wants proof anymore?

My Solix offers fantastic images. You can check my prior posts.

6. Member
    My Solix is great.

7. Banned
    must be your unit

8. Member
    It has to be something wrong. I would hope humminbird wouldn't sell something this bad.

9. Member
    Must be the same thing that's wrong with mine then...

10. Member
    Mine does same exact thing, 100 ft looks great, anything closer very grainy. Down imaging sucks so I had to put my onix on console for down imaging which is crystal clear even though they are running off same transducer. I think the 15 is too big for the pixels or something because the guys with the 12's seem to love them.

Quote Originally Posted by bencherry121 View Post
    Mine does same exact thing, 100 ft looks great, anything closer very grainy. Down imaging sucks so I had to put my onix on console for down imaging which is crystal clear even though they are running off same transducer. I think the 15 is too big for the pixels or something because the guys with the 12's seem to love them.
    The SOLIX 15 has a higher pixel density than the 1100 series.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

12. Member
    When I upgraded from 1199 to onix it was a big improvement now the solix looks worse than the 1199's. That's hard for me to believe. Now what do we do?

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jww View Post
    When I upgraded from 1199 to onix it was a big improvement now the solix looks worse than the 1199's. That's hard for me to believe. Now what do we do?
    If possible post some screenshots

14. Banned
    install error or user error is my guess, cause ive gotten some pretty stellar shots on default settings

Quote Originally Posted by Fishton View Post
    Can you take some screenshots as well as the mosaic feature on the chart - thank you.
    This is your second post here .Asking about mosaic info on Solix 15.Is there something specific to the 15. or will any humminbird Mosaic capable unit be ok? (Does the Mosaic,even work)?

16. Member
    Install is same power cord that was used on onix same transducer placement. Transducer cable is even laying across the back deck. As far as user I hope I'm missing something but I pushed buttons all day yesterday, nothing helped. The only picture that looked good was 100'mega. 455,800 was really grainy. My pics looked impressive like yours on 100' in deep water, but looking at brushpiles 15' 20' deep on 40' each side they are crap. Down imaging is useless on mine. They all look like grainy ghost images.

17. Member
    Post images!

Install is same power cord that was used on onix same transducer placement. Transducer cable is even laying across the back deck. As far as user I hope I'm missing something but I pushed buttons all day yesterday, nothing helped. The only picture that looked good was 100'mega. 455,800 was really grainy. My pics looked impressive like yours on 100' in deep water, but looking at brushpiles 15' 20' deep on 40' each side they are crap. Down imaging is useless on mine. They all look like grainy ghost images.
    Didn't the SOLIX 15 come with a power cord that has larger conductors than the ONIX due to the higher power requirements?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

19. Member
    Wayne I just looked at the power cords and the look the same. The onix says 490413-1(b) and solix says 490413-1(04). It works with the onix cord, should i try the other one? I will try and post pics when I can find someone smarter than me, my wife can do it but she's out of town for two weeks.

Wayne I just looked at the power cords and the look the same. The onix says 490413-1(b) and solix says 490413-1(04). It works with the onix cord, should i try the other one? I will try and post pics when I can find someone smarter than me, my wife can do it but she's out of town for two weeks.
    The run amps are higher than the S12 and ONIX 10. Yes the plugs may match but the load is different.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast