Sugema, hopefully Pool 17, and Brushy Creek.

My mini vacation starts Friday. Will be at Sugema through Tuesday, Pool 17 on Wednesday if the water levels allow and then a tournament up at Brushy Creek after that. Hoping to FINALLY get into some good fishing! Reports when I get back!

Good luck! Sugema has the most potential. I love that lake. Never done well at Brushy. Seems like it's always a grind for me there but I learn a little more everytime I go.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowa Bass Hunter View Post
    Good luck! Sugema has the most potential. I love that lake. Never done well at Brushy. Seems like it's always a grind for me there but I learn a little more everytime I go.
    I've struggled this year, terrible. I mean the kind of struggling that makes ya wanna hang it up. Hoping Sugema changes that. I love Brushy, mostly because of the memories I have there. Brushy in the mid 2000's was absolutely incredible. Now it seems to be feast or famine. Still love fishing it though.

I heard the stories of the hayday of Brushy but I never got in on it. The last time I went there, Last year, I ended up with a limit but it was a grind all day and I had to fish way different than I normally would. That place just doesn't fit my style. That's why I fish the river. We crushed em last weekend at Lansing. Took over 19 pounds to win the BWS. Over 17 pounds for 5th place. I couldn't tell you how many 3 pounders we caught in 3 days time. It was awesome. Take a weekend trip to Lansing or LaCrosse. get your mojo back.

5. Member
    Where's a good place to stay these days in the Lansing, Prairie du Chien area ? I haven't been up there in 15 yrs. or so . Good luck Joe Bro, pool 17 is going to have a big raise this weekend.

Lansing= camp at Red Barn, Scenic Valley Motel, or call Paula at Ash Acres and rent a trailer.

PDC= Motel 6 (used to be the Brisbois Motel), Delta Motel, or Spring Lake Inn

LaCrosse= Safe Landing Motel in Stoddard or The Welch Motel in LAX

7. Member
    Thanks for the info.

8. Member
    Waters Edge Resort and Marina in Stoddard is good too.