Thread: Fury losing Cup

Fury losing Cup

Need some help guys, I've been told more than once about furys have soft stainless and losing cup "bite". I'm guessing that's has happened to my 25p. That is the only reason why it's 10mph slower than my 26p. My question is how my speed difference should there be between the two props. Running on 920 Phoenix, 76mph with 26p and 65mph with 25p. Also where would be a good place to send the 25P to get reworked.

2. Member
    Fury is a cast prop , very little if any flex

3. Member
    Maybe I just have a bad one.

Holy crap...10 mph difference in one pitch? Something is definitely wrong with that prop. No way you should lose that much speed with a single pitch difference. If it is still in warranty, I'd be on the phone with Mercury trying to get it replaced.

5. Member
    That sir is very possible , even mark is limited to what he can do to the fury. If u ever get a good one keep it, send for B&B and pray you never hit anything with it. I have a 24 fury 4 now that's great out of the hole but not seeing the top end numbers that I did with the three blade fury in same pitch

6. Member
    I thought the big feature with the Furys when they first came out was it's made with a different alloy to make it stiffer with less flex.
    It definitely sounds like something's off with that one. I went from a 27 to a 25 to pickup rpms and it changed the top end about 4 mph by the gps numbers
    Brian Howard
    2023 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2023 Mercury 225

7. Member
    10 mph is nuts. I would think with that much slip you'd be beating the limiter to death

8. Member
    How many rpm's are you running at WOT with the 25" and the 26" fury. Howard you shouldn't be running a 27" anything with that motor

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mdtritn21 View Post
    How many rpm's are you running at WOT with the 25" and the 26" fury. Howard you shouldn't be running a 27" anything with that motor
    Prop the guy had on it when I bought. It's looooong gone.
    Brian Howard
    2023 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2023 Mercury 225

10. Member
    6xd speed difference should be 3-4 mph at the same rpm's but dropping in pitch should increase your rpm's by 200 so the 25 and 26 should run only 1 mph difference if both props are good and your motor will turn them.

11. Member
    I drilled extra 5/16" vent holes in my Fury and let me tell you that metal isn't soft at all. My bet is there is a manufacturing defect with that prop.
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

12. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 6xd View Post
    Need some help guys, I've been told more than once about furys have soft stainless and losing cup "bite". I'm guessing that's has happened to my 25p. That is the only reason why it's 10mph slower than my 26p. My question is how my speed difference should there be between the two props. Running on 920 Phoenix, 76mph with 26p and 65mph with 25p. Also where would be a good place to send the 25P to get reworked.
    That boat will do 76 with the 25 fury
    Send it to Mark Croxton and he will hook you up.
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com