Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by C0MRAD View Post
    I agree with him but someone his age who has a lot of experience talking with the press could have come up with a more diplomatic response.
    Perhaps his response was diplomatic, and he kept to himself what he was really thinking, because of his experience with the press.

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Brady bass View Post
    I thought you meant he was actually on Serena!
    I thought there would be pics?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turfy49431 View Post
    Why does everyone have to speak diplomatically? Im offended that people
    are offended. People need to grow a set and thicken up their skin
    He doesn't have to, he should want to. First, he should have had more sense than to let a reporter bait him into saying something stupid. Also, he should try to be a little respectful to Williams. If for no reason other than they are both professionals in the same sport. I don't see any reason why he should specifically point out how bad Williams is compared to the men. He could have simply given a vague response about how men are built differently and then complemented Williams on her own strength and skill as the best female player in the world.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

4. Banned
    He doesn't have to, he should want to. First, he should have had more sense than to let a reporter bait him into saying something stupid. Also, he should try to be a little respectful to Williams. If for no reason other than they are both professionals in the same sport. I don't see any reason why he should specifically point out how bad Williams is compared to the men. He could have simply given a vague response about how men are built differently and then complemented Williams on her own strength and skill as the best female player in the world.
    I don't see where he said anything stupid. Just stated the facts. In fact have gave her a compliment. If you look at the United tennis rating she's not even in the top 1000.

5. Banned
    I would love to see the score between the worst NBA team playing the best WNBA team......

6. Member
    Media hate it when you use facts!

7. Member
    That's absurd. He didn't say anything disrespectful. He just gave a straight forward honest answer. Is he suppose to sugar coat it so it doesn't hurt someone's feelings?

Quote Originally Posted by Rude196 View Post
    Heard on El' Rushbo that Serena said as much on letterman. I didn't even know there was 700 tennis players on earth.
    Heard the same thing. I believe she made the same comparison about men's vs. women's tennis in 2006.
    But, then admitting that would ruin the whole "Twitter Outrage" storyline.
    Too much drama.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

9. Member
    McEnroe and Williams should play a match right now and see who wins. I think Williams would win but McEnroe would make her work for it.
    Well she is pregnant and he is old, so not going to happen.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wildturkey View Post
    Then he cussed the line judges and broke two rackets by slamming them on the court.
    He's a jerk, only American pro I cheered against.

11. Member
    Who on here has ever been beat by a woman fishing on a lake, tell the truth now! Wife, girlfriend, mom, sister or whoever.

12. Member
    He was asked the question and he gave an honest answer. Every sports person I've heard talk about it agree with him. Some people just don't want to hear the truth.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRiverrat View Post
    He's a jerk, only American pro I cheered against.
    You most only watch tennis. Because he wont crack many peoples top 10 biggest jerks in pro sports.

Besides, he is right. Not a smart thing for him to say because some people are overly sensitive nowadays but it is what it is.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cowtrimmer View Post
    Exactly No one seems to give two hoots when I am offended but I have to use every word and phrase like a life depends on it. Apparently brutal honesty isn't as highly regarded by society as I think it should be.
    I think this is one of the biggest reasons The Donald is President. People are sick up and fed with all this PC BS!

Cheers,

George

15. Member
    I'm sure he is not losing any sleep overy what he said. I would bet 99.9% people would agree to what he said.

I guess I'm one of those people that likes a person who says what's on their mind even if it's not what I want to hear. People that believe in sugar coating things can't be trusted.

When did tennis become relevant? I'd be surprised if there were 700 fans much less 700 players.
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmscoach View Post
    Who on here has ever been beat by a woman fishing on a lake, tell the truth now! Wife, girlfriend, mom, sister or whoever.
    I'm not ashamed to admit that my wife out fishes me a lot. No big deal to me. I'm all too happy to watch her catch fish.
    Hi Mike.

19. Member
    This. Skip to the 4:20 mark. She talks about playing on the men's tour. Not sure why his comments got everyone in a huff.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmscoach View Post
    My grandma taught me to fish. She could catch em out of a bath tub. She beat me more than once and if I was beating her, she'd throw right in beside me. The day I caught my Lake Fork 12.6 bass, she was the FIRST person I called. She's gone now and I miss her every day. She was the best.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast