Thoughts on using liquid nails around edges of deck carpet

I have installed the carpet on the front deck of my boat using the Lowes Indoor / Outdoor adhesive. I let it dry a couple days and im looking to now glue down the edges. I thought about just using the same adhesive but considering most carpets seems to start pulling up at the edges first I thought about using liquid nails or maybe something like PL glue.

Any thoughts??? I think you could just about guarantee if I use liquid nails the edges arent coming up.

2. Member
    Don't use liquid nail. Get welwood contact cement and a paint brush. Apply it to the deck and carpet both let it set up for a few mins then press it down.
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

3. Member
    never use that chit, or that trowel on crap, you will regret it if you have to remove it. Weld wood, no clamps or any other B.S.. it's instant.
    2023 SCB 20EF
    2023 SCB CC 210LR

4. Member
    3rd the weldwood

Weldwood

2009 ELITE 210

weldwood contact cement. Grip the carpet fibers with small spring clamps to help hold it back. Apply cement to carpet and deck. Let it set a bit until it's no longer sticky and then push it down and rub it down.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.