Question Tool Kit for 2012 250 ProXS

Last year competed in a major Canadian Bass tournament, on the first morning when approaching the starting line I noticed that my engine temp was 114 degrees so, I knew my thermostat(s) were stuck open. So I pulled to the side to clean the debris out and I realized that my socket set didn't have the appropriate size socket to remove the tstats. I had a more complete set in the truck so I went back to the truck fixed it on the water and we were on the way. So it made me think what type of tools should I carry when it comes to my 250 Pro Xs? I would like to be able to have sockets and wrenches specific to repairs that may need to be made and not have to carry complete sets as the majority are not needed.

So from those who work on these engines what do you suggest I should carry?

Thanks,

Mike

Instead of sockets, I carry a cheap set of metric ratchet wrenches from 8mm to 15mm. You won't need the whole set just the common ones. I also carry a set of thermostat gaskets, radius zip ties, screw driver set, pliers, small cresent wrench, super glue, tube of silicone, 12" piece of fuel line, a couple of electrical connectors and heat shrink wrap. I can just about McGyver anything from that bag of tricks.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

3. Member
    I'm pretty sure the allen screws that need removed to service the stats are metric. Makes a difference
    GETFISHED !!!

My thermostat covers are held in by 2 8mm bolts.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s