Thread: Harmless weed

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I'm a drinker and can't stand smoking the green stuff but in all reality booze is much more dangerous than the green stuff.

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    Where your comparison falls completely apart is the fact that everyone needs to eat and drink to survive.

No one needs to smoke anything in order to survive.

There's a falseness in that particular argument; you know it, I know it, and the American People know it.
    Alcohol isn't necessary for survival. You're making crap up to justify your pro-War on Drugs worldview. It's asinine.

3. Member
    Anyone who believes weed is more dangerous than alcohol is either brain washed or just plain ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Panichunter View Post
    Anyone who believes weed is more dangerous than alcohol is either brain washed or just plain ignorant.
    Probably the older crowd who saw the videos that said if you smoked pot you turn into a murderer or rapist. Well all know that's not true but I'm sure some it had an affect on how they viewed pot.

Quote Originally Posted by bdog7198 View Post
    In this case it seems if it was legal he would not have been in jail to get beaten.....
    Yep, actually makes a case for legalization.

Yep.
    2021 Ranger Z519 Mercury 225 Pro XS Four Stroke

Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    For it or agin it, this "harmless" drug still comes at a great cost to many in America. The residual effects are tremendous and in a lot of cases leads to death or maiming.

https://www.correctionsone.com/arres...ter-Toshs-son/
    Click Bait by the OP, then turned into Fake News

8. Banned
    Anyone who thinks "weed" isn't as dangerous as alcohol is either burnt out or just plain ignorant.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rude196 View Post
    Anyone who thinks "weed" isn't as dangerous as alcohol is either burnt out or just plain ignorant.
    Yes, these women are horrible and must be arrested ASAP! They are a danger to society!!!

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    For it or agin it, this "harmless" drug still comes at a great cost to many in America. The residual effects are tremendous and in a lot of cases leads to death or maiming.
    It's not the weed that got the kid beat up, it was a byproduct of him not following the law.

Doesn't matter if you agree with the law or not, you still have to abide by it. The kid made a bad choice which put him in jail, which put him in this bad situation.

11. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    Yes, these women are horrible and must be arrested ASAP! They are a danger to society!!!

And there's the gateway aspect of weed...

Two weeks later, they were spotted while out for a Sunday drive (artist's rendering)...

Who controls John Gill?

Quote Originally Posted by hugo_stiglitz View Post
    Alcohol isn't necessary for survival. You're making crap up to justify your pro-War on Drugs worldview. It's asinine.
    Sorry Hugo, I don't have a worldview of any kind.

I never said alcohol is necessary for survival. I said drink.

One could say that same, that it's not necessary for survival, about any one liquid beverage, like coffee or tea for instance.

If you can't see the bigger picture I am painting for you, maybe it's time to come down off that high.

Quote Originally Posted by Rude196 View Post
    I try not to get involved in these types of threads...because of comments like yours.

Alcohol is far more dangerous...directly or as a byproduct.

How many people have you heard of whose dad got drunk and beat the shit out of them...beat their mom...the list goes on...all the way to Manslaughter...ALL BECAUSE OF ALCOHOL...

Weed doesn't even compare to alcohol.

Give me a break.

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    It's not the weed that got the kid beat up, it was a byproduct of him not following the law.

Doesn't matter if you agree with the law or not, you still have to abide by it. The kid made a bad choice which put him in jail, which put him in this bad situation.
    Legal sycophants nod their head in full agreement with you, foolishly. He didn't harm himself, men used the power of words on paper to justify stuffing someone in jail where he was harmed by another inmate. His offense was not deserving of either of the wrongs done to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hez View Post
    I try not to get involved in these types of threads...because of comments like yours.

Alcohol is far more dangerous...directly or as a byproduct.

How many people have you heard of whose dad got drunk and beat the shit out of them...beat their mom...the list goes on...all the way to Manslaughter...ALL BECAUSE OF ALCOHOL...

Weed doesn't even compare to alcohol.

Give me a break.
    Get 'eem, Rude!

16. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    Sorry Hugo, I don't have a worldview of any kind.

I never said alcohol is necessary for survival. I said drink.

One could say that same, that it's not necessary for survival, about any one liquid beverage, like coffee or tea for instance.

If you can't see the bigger picture I am painting for you, maybe it's time to come down off that high.
    Not high, I drink Tito's when I want a buzz, but I've watched the lies propagated about drugs for the explicit purpose of infringing on my rights my entire life. The drug war is nothing but a tool to advance tyranny and those who repeat the lies are their useful idiots.

That said, based on your reply to me, your comment was even more nonsensical as a rebuttal to the post you quoted.

18. Member
    This type of incident happens on a daily basis all around the Country in our Prisons and Jails, this is not an isolated incident. Weed is on par with alcohol as the root cause in these incidents, one is not king over the other. If weed were legal this would not have happened but it happens as much with alcohol as weed. Many first time offenders with alcohol are placed in similar circumstances and assaulted daily. If you take jail or prison time out of the equation for both then you eliminate this problem. The hard part is where do you draw the line, 1st 2nd or 3rd liquor offense, 25 lbs, 50 lbs, or 100 lbs for weed. The bottom line, in this incident was the residual effect may cost this young man his life. In this case the weed was the reason he was in jail and therefore the cause of his demise so for those who say weed has no ill effects I submit that you are wrong.

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bayouXpress View Post
    65lbs aint recreational..
    depends on who it is

Quote Originally Posted by hugo_stiglitz View Post
    Not high, I drink Tito's when I want a buzz, but I've watched the lies propagated about drugs for the explicit purpose of infringing on my rights my entire life. The drug war is nothing but a tool to advance tyranny and those who repeat the lies are their useful idiots.

That said, based on your reply to me, your comment was even more nonsensical as a rebuttal to the post you quoted.
    You understand that arguing that alcohol is more dangerous that pot is an argument for making alcohol illegal, not for making pot legal, don't you?

If you are in the "legalize pot" camp, you need a better plan, and to be better able to articulate why it should be. That is all my comment addressed.

Not being able to make sense of my post is a problem on your end, not mine.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast