Thread: Buckhorn

Question Buckhorn

Anybody been up there recently, how's it fishing? Going to take a buddy up there possible Saturday.

Thanks fellas,
    Kyle Smith
    Texas Boat Works, Fort Worth, TX
    2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 4x4 (Deleted)
    2011 Bass Cat Eyra 250 Pro XS
    BASB08005G011 / SN: 2B017333

2. Member
    Good Luck, that's a hard place to catch a fish, unless you know were the guys have there brush piles, we had club tx there with 20 anglers and only 2 fish weighed in, but another club be there and 1 angler comes in with 25lb bag, its tough if you don't fish it a lot, not been there in several years.

3. Member
    Been catching a lot of good fish lately. Took my boss out last week and even got him a nice one. Biggest one was right at 9. You just have to get off the bank. Points, humps, and any other depth changes will normally hold fish.
    “Big jobs usually go to the men who prove their ability to outgrow small ones.” Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by THE BELLOMY View Post
    Been catching a lot of good fish lately. Took my boss out last week and even got him a nice one. Biggest one was right at 9. You just have to get off the bank. Points, humps, and any other depth changes will normally hold fish.
    Cool, thanks Brandon....
    Kyle Smith

5. Banned
    Have you got a map of buckhorn to help with humps and old bridges and road beds?

6. Member
    There isn't a map that I'm aware of.
    “Big jobs usually go to the men who prove their ability to outgrow small ones.” Theodore Roosevelt

7. Banned
    I have a couple somewhere and will try and find them. If i can not i will go get some and let you know and i can mail it to you. They use to sell them at the little office there in the parking lot but since it is not manned anymore i am not sure where you can get them but will let you know. You can also go to wilsonnc.org and type in "duck blind maps and depth chart of buckhorn" and it it take you to another page and then click on buckhorn lake depth map and it will give you a map that should help some.

Quote Originally Posted by dwmgg17 View Post
    Have you got a map of buckhorn to help with humps and old bridges and road beds?
    I have google earth to help, that's about it. You can see quite a bit if you "scroll" back in time.
    Kyle Smith

9. Banned
    I found the maps so if you want one send me your mailing info and i will stick it in the mail 1st thing in the morning and you should get it by Thursday or Friday at the latest. You can send info thru pm if you do not want to post on the board.

10. Member
    Mike,do those maps have GPS lat and long lines on them?

11. Banned
    It has 2 insets blown up with gps coordinates of the area where the old dam was and one of the submerged Sullivan road crossing. Not much on numbers but all are 35 or 36 on one side and 78 something on the other.

Quote Originally Posted by dwmgg17 View Post
    I found the maps so if you want one send me your mailing info and i will stick it in the mail 1st thing in the morning and you should get it by Thursday or Friday at the latest. You can send info thru pm if you do not want to post on the board.
    PM sent
    Kyle Smith

13. Member
    Mike,I went to their web site and looked up that map. Not really a lot of detail on it. It gives a general idea of where the deep water is but without contours it is hard to follow. Thanks for the info though,the insets are pretty cool.

14. Banned
    It gives you the basics and after some hours of riding around on the lake you can pin point some stuff for sure. Duck hunted there before it was dammed up and do not remember much except all those cold mornings.

15. Banned
    Pm sent to you k2rider18.